Does the Axe FX ever go on sale?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Blue Tile Fever, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Blue Tile Fever

Blue Tile Fever Member

2. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

There was one sale when they went to the European market and had to comply with the 'no lead components' European Environmental Standards (*I think it is called "ROHS" or something like that) a few years back, but other than that one time 'sale' the prices have held firm AFAIK.

In all this time I only recall one actual price increase to boot. Which is remarkable for a company doing direct marketing without distribution.

3. whiteop

whiteop Senior Member

no way will they lower their prices with the demand as high as it is right now. You may be able to buy a used one reasonably once they come out with their stomp box version that I heard is in development (but then you'll want that one).

4. iaresee

iaresee Member

There was a factory seconds sale earlier this year, wasn't there? Some minor blems, full warranty units that had been returned after the trial period.

5. Matt Jones

Matt Jones Supporting Member

^^I think you are correct. And the only other thing that I can remember that resembled a sale were the discounts offered for the long waiting lists a couple years back.

6. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

Yeah, if I recall correctly I saw one or two on ebay (directly from Fractal) over the last year or so...

7. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

On the other hand, lack of discounts for new devices helps maintain healthy resale value.

8. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

If you get a unit through ebay, you might be able to get the "Bing" (formerly Microsoft Live Cashback) 8% rebate. You'll need to sign up with Bing Cashback first (just Google it), then go to Bing and search for "Wii". Near the top of the page of results there usually is a little icon next to ebay that says "get 8% cash back" or something like that. Clicking on that takes you to ebay, you then just go to what you want to buy (it HAS to be a Buy-It-Now item) and the 8% icon should still be at the top of the page. It will only be there for one hour, so don't fool around! :D

9. robertkoa

robertkoa Member

I keep waiting for a " buy one get one free at Home Depot coupon " so I can split the cost with someone or just sell the 2nd one- but they don't have them in Florida.......... or Home Depot so that may be reducing the chances of this happening.

10. Crikey

Crikey Member

Okay, a little off-topic, but this made me smile:

11. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Supporting Member

Crikey -- I tried to PM you just a minute ago, but your PM box is full. Can you clear some messages and PM me??