• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Does the Boss DD3 delay sound better than the Digidelay ?

JohnK24

Silver Supporting Member
In terms of clarity and sound quality (noise). Also does the Boss unit have a better bypass than that of the Digitech Digidelay ? I had the Digidelay, but I sold it as it seemed to really suck the tone out of my small pedal chain (comp, OD, chorus and delay). I even tried removing the chorus (CS9) from the chain, but the delay seemed to suck the tone (the OD and comp are true bypass).

thanks,

J

telefmt

I'm very happy with my DD-3. It is dead quiet and doesn't seem to alter my volume or tone at all. I haven't tried the Digi but I know how the Boss sounds to me.

clothwiring

I'd go with this response too...I have an older DD-3. Had a newer one and didn't like it as much.

I'm very happy with my DD-3. It is dead quiet and doesn't seem to alter my volume or tone at all. I haven't tried the Digi but I know how the Boss sounds to me.

Rossl

I have an older DD3 and the Digidelay. I like the DD3 for shorter delays, I think the Digidelay sounds warmer (not as clear) when in tape sim mode for lonegr delays.

I have both on my board

HHB

I've had good luck w/the Digidelay, I run crybaby, Barber direct drive, digidelay into a Tophat club royale w/ great success. I only use the tape delay setting and leave it on a "reverb"

DaveG

Platinum Supporting Member
Same here, I use both & haven't found either one to be a tone sucker, on or off. I only use the DigiDelay in Tape mode, and until recently, have always thought it sounded much better than the DD-3; I sent the DD-3 to Analogman, he worked it over & took the harshness out of it, now it's excellent. Might have to get another one to replace the DigiDelay! :AOK

batlas

I think there are some differences in DD-3's I believe there have been 3 production models. I have a Big chip MIJ model and it sounds wonderfull. My favorite delay for slapback type of stuff. I'd probably go for an echopark rather than a digitech model if size is the deciding factor.

But buffer wise your probably safest with the DD3..

afterburner

Silver Supporting Member
Digidelay replaced my MIT DD-3. I like the many features the Digidelay has and I usually keep it on the Tape echo mode. Having the reverse and loop modes are cool too. The Digidelay seems to have more bang for the buck.

Trending Topics