• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Does the Celestion G10S-50 sound like any other 10" speakers?

CitizenCain

I've got a 2x10 cab that I like a lot. I'm currently running it with one Ragin' Cajun and one G10S-50. That combo sounds great together.

The problem is these are both 8 ohm speakers and I really would like to run the cab at 8 ohms to match my amp. I'm using a Weber Z-Matcher right now but I'd like to not have to carry that around all the time.

So, I'm looking for a pair of 16 ohm or 4 ohm 10" speakers I can wire up into an 8 ohm total. I'm wondering if anyone knows what other 10" speakers sound like the G10S-50 and are available in those impedances?

The speakers need to be pretty hearty too, the head I'm using is 100w (2 x 6550s)!

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
I have 4 Celestion G10S-50's in my Rivera M-60 4/10 combo...They are the BEST 10" speaker I've ever heard...They sound to me like a tighter version of the Celestion 12" G12-65 Heritage....maybe you can find a few used?? Put out the question here on this forum...you never know....I find lots of gear here just by asking the question....

bosstone

I have 4 Celestion G10S-50's in my Rivera M-60 4/10 combo...They are the BEST 10" speaker I've ever heard...They sound to me like a tighter version of the Celestion 12" G12-65 Heritage....maybe you can find a few used?? Put out the question here on this forum...you never know....I find lots of gear here just by asking the question....
I have Celestion G10L-35s and G10S-50s. I love them both. The 35s have a bit of the 12" green back break up with the G12-65 warmth. The 50 has the later compression (not really break up) and warmth of the G12-65s. In 12" speakers, Rola Celestion G12-65s are my favorite speakers. In 10" speakers the Celestion 35s & 50s are great and I also like the Weber Blue Pup Ceramics out of about 8 10" speakers I tried. I can't stand the Tone Tubby 10" Hemp Cone AlNiCos. They are over the top dark and have no side to side dispersal of treble frequencies.

aldos

The G10L35 (not the G10S) sounds somewhat similar to the Jensen Mod 10-50, and has something in common with the G10 Greenback (I like the G10 the most). The Mod 10-70 will get you more volume although I haven't heard it in person

Trending Topics