Does the G10 Fit in PRRI? It's in!!!

vashondan

Gold Supporting Member
Those of you with 65 PRRI that switched to the Celestion Gold....Any problems with the speaker physically fitting in the Princeton. It appears, for example, that the Gold is approx 3 in deeper than the stock Jensen.

Thanks!!!

vashondan

Gold Supporting Member
Ok, thanks guys. Hadn't even considered it until I received a response to an email I sent to Celestion a couple of weeks ago. In the persons response it was suggested that I make sure it was a good fit.

honeyiscool

I've fit a 12" Alnico Blue in an FSR PRRI that came stock with a P12Q. Of course I much preferred the Jensen but the point is it fit.

vashondan

Gold Supporting Member
Got it today and put it in. A little tight in there but it went in easy peasy. Love it right out of the box. Seems to break up a tad quicker but thats ok. Rich mids and the highs are clean and fuller than with the Jensen. I liked the Jensen but this is different especially on the top end. The overall tone is just richer all round.

Joe L

Silver Supporting Member
Fit in my PRRI without a problem and sounds great with much more complex harmonic tone. Tone is fuller and louder than stock Jensen with tighter bottom end and sweet highs. Keep in mind that this speaker needs about a one week break in period to realize its best tone. I ran my Bose wave radio through it at loud volumes during the day when no one was home and we were all at work.

vashondan

Gold Supporting Member
Fit in my PRRI without a problem and sounds great with much more complex harmonic tone. Tone is fuller and louder than stock Jensen with tighter bottom end and sweet highs. Keep in mind that this speaker needs about a one week break in period to realize its best tone. I ran my Bose wave radio through it at loud volumes during the day when no one was home and we were all at work.

Yes, that describes it very well. If it's going to sound even better I can't wait!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom