• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Does the Iron Horse have heterodyne noise with the Timeline?

Apparently the Walrus Iron Horse has a charge pump in it. Does it do the dreaded squealing noise with the Timeline?

Thanks!

Cool! My voyager doesn't (not sure if it has a charge pump but I know it's klon esque) but my Archer did the squealing like crazy.

bo13bo

Cool! My voyager doesn't (not sure if it has a charge pump but I know it's klon esque) but my Archer did the squealing like crazy.
Must be lucky cause my voyager definitely had the high pitch whine with a timeline. Every klon or klone I've owned had heterodyne issues with the timeline (jhs, af1, af2, voyager, soul food, arc, archer and ktr)

Guessing Strymon can't fix it with a timeline firmware update, has been a problem since their days as Damage Control. Resolution for me has been to turn the timeline grit knob down til the heterodyne whine stops.

Yah I'm very surprised my voyager doesn't do it! Maybe Walrus took note and changed something in the pedal (I have a 2015 model) Any more feedback on the Iron Horse and noise?

EDIT: Just borrowed a buddies Iron Horse and it does NOT interfere with the Timeline!

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom