Does this exist (headphone amp & 4 track/ recorder all in one)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jake5, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jake5

jake5 Supporting Member

Everyone, I really need a couple of things. I need something to plug my electric guitar into and practice late into the evening (my wife is studying for her MBA). I REALLY need this asap... I was also wondering if there is a device that will cover this function as well as let me do some rough recording. I don't have a four track or anything. This doesn't necessarily even need to be a four track....I just basically need something I can record song ideas on, and also use as a "headphone amp"....the ability to hook into my pc, and make mp3's is a definite plus....sorry, i should probably know of something----but i'm a guitar player...not really a tech/gear junkie.

thanks.
    jake

2. jrm

jrm Member

I would check out one of the zoom units.... I know they used to make something (i think it was called a PS-02). I think that would have done the job....

3. jake5

jake5 Supporting Member

cool, thanks i will check it out. anyone else?

4. dorfmeister

dorfmeister Member

5. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

Sounds like you want a Korg Pandora PXR4. I had one and it works very well.

[​IMG]

6. Mike_E_McGee

Mike_E_McGee Member

I've got a Zoom H4 which does exactly that. I do not think the headphone amp is very (any good). For recording with it, you'd do much better to plug a pod into it. The built in mics do sound very good on my standard acoustic and tricone. They also sound decent for recording a full band (not great for a release, but GREAT for reviewing a gig to see what worked and what didn't).

7. Deaj

Deaj Silver Supporting Member

Beat me to it. :)

These are great on both counts!

8. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

Boss does equivalent units too - the BR600 maybe? Might have the number in the name wrong. Built in amp sims, recording, click, etc.

9. Raymund

Raymund Member

+ 1

10. danel59

danel59 Member

It is the Boss Br600 and it works very well for your needs. Multitrack, COSM Amp sims. effects such as reverbs, delays, chorus etc, and a programmable drum machine or use the drum patterns. Can operate on batteries or adapter has USB and records to smart media card. Hard to beat!

11. crockett

crockett Member

I'm using a Lexicon Omega, which does all that and more, probably much much than what you're asking. The Alpha model has fewer inputs types (no MIDI, fewer 1/4"/mic inputs, no S/PDIF, etc) but runs for $100. The sound through the headphones kills my practice Peavey Bandit amp. M Audio and Line 6 also have similar stuff around the same price range ($100-200, but you can get as crazy as you want). I've only looked at the USB units. They should all come with some free limited version of recording software, Lexicon products come with Cubase LE, which does 48 tracks and allows for lots of editing, software effects, etc. Best purchase I've made for getting songs from my head to an .mp3 and also being able to use the Nova Delay in stereo.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/USB-Sound---Recording-Cards.gc

12. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

Micro BR will do it. The menu system really got on my nerves, though, and I sold it.

If you can ditch the recording critereon, then the Korg is awesome----complete with looping and bass/drum patterns in different keys.

Just saw an ad for the new version (px5?) in one of the guitar mags.