Does this Exist?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by radiohead625, Feb 2, 2012.

1. radiohead625

radiohead625 Member

2. cookieshoes

cookieshoes Member

3. radiohead625

radiohead625 Member

lmao.. no silly. Give me a Rat that sounds like that any day. Both are based on the rat, but with improvements. Now I need them combined

4. cookieshoes

cookieshoes Member

I see. Well, they both sound like a Rat to me. Improvements on Rats, (as well as TS and SD-1 pedals) end up sounding like minor EQ adjustments, imo. The more dependent element is the type of guitar/amp. If you have an EQ pedal, that can also do wonders for changing the sound of a Rat (or any pedal for that matter).

Otherwise, I would assume that you could get either "enhanced" version of the Rat you posted to sound like the other. If not, buy them both, get them rehoused into a Deucetone Rat box, and there you go.

5. cubistguitar

cubistguitar Member

Rat with ruetz mod as exterior knob can probably get this going for you

6. guitarb

guitarb Member

might want to look into a Freakshow Efx Brown Rabbit...based on a Rat...but a step further

7. champion ruby

champion ruby Member

Don't fight the rat. Have you owned one in the past? If so which one?

8. radiohead625

radiohead625 Member

I have my eye on a turbo rat with a 308 chip for $100. I figure I can have it modded with a ruetz mod and build the od308 if I need to. Does that sound about right as far as price?

9. champion ruby

champion ruby Member

That's pretty average. For the same price you can pick up early 90's with the lm308 in the emporium, some keeley ones around 100-120. Whiteface reissues go for $150 new also. I never liked the turbo...

10. radiohead625

radiohead625 Member

Cool, i'm going for the Band of Skulls tone and I know that dude has a turbo rat... honestly, i've tried a few regular rats in GC and didn't get along with them. I figured the Turbo is a good place to start since he has one on his board.

11. stratguy23

stratguy23 Member

Radiohead (Thom York I think) used a Turbo Rat on The Bends. I love my '90's Turbo Rat, I think I paid about $75 for it (but it was a local cash deal), so $100 isn't bad. I think you will like the Turbo, I prefer it to both of the other Rats I have had (one with an LM308).