Does this exist?...

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Proco, May 20, 2011.

1. Proco

Proco Member

I'm definitely going to jump into the rack route and I was wondering... is there a MIDI footcontroller small enough to save it in a rack drawer? (a 2U one)... not like the MIDI mouse from Tech21, something a little bigger with at least 6 to 8 buttons and a screen to see the patch names on it.

I hope I explained myself good enough, I guess "rack drawer" is properly said, isn't it?

Thanks a lot guys ;)

2. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer Member

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  3. Proco

Proco Member

Uhm... not so sure about the height tho... I'll look it's size and a drawer's size too if I find it.

Thanks ;)

4. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer Member

5. Proco

Proco Member

6. drwiddly

drwiddly Member

The old Rolls MP-80 midi pedals were designed to fit in the back of your rack for storage - i.e. the correct width. They have 8 buttons + bank up/down but only display the 2 digit patch number. Should be cheap on e-bay if price is a consideration.

7. gurumonkey

gurumonkey Member

check out the softstep.

8. HAMERMAN409

HAMERMAN409 Member

They are expensive and probably only make sense if you are going to get an Axe-FX but a Fractal MFC-101 will fit in a rack if you skip the drawer. I think it may be just slighty taller that 2U so it works for a situation like a SKB case with the bottom two slots open where you can take advantage of the small gap between the bottom rack and the case.

9. Baba

Baba Supporting Member

Just curious, why do you want a midi controller in your rack and not at your feet?

10. Proco

Proco Member

Well, I don't know if you say that as a joke, but, in case you didn't... it's only for transportation reasons, once I'm in the stage or the garage for a rehearsal it'll lie on the floor ;) It's just that it bugs me to have two things to carry: the rack AND the pedal board. I rather carry a bigger rack.

The Rolls looks SO 80s but it's cheap (69 pounds in a quick ebay check) and will serve the purpose so I think I'll take a shot on this one and eventually get a more expensive one.

11. Baba

Baba Supporting Member

Nah man, I get it. I'm configuring a pedalboard at home right now to save me a trip to the car, I obsess over that stuff!

12. Proco

Proco Member

Uhm... now that I see it in your signature... how's the ME-70? Just as a back up rig.

13. Baba

Baba Supporting Member

The ME-70 is working out pretty well. It's my main and pretty much only rig.

I'm a simple guy, I just need a good clean, sometimes with a little chorus and delay, and same with dirty, and I've been needing to shrink my stage footprint as of late, so, it's perfect.

What I meant by saving a trip to the car, I have a customized Furman pedalboard, with a socket for a mic stand, that the ME-70/wireless/direct box are all mounted to, and it actually takes up less space than having all that on the floor with a tripod mic stand, and my mic and stand is more secure from the drunks this way! I can carry everything, plus the mic stand, plus my guitar stand, in the Fuman bag.

Before, the guitar stand and mic stand were separate.

14. Proco

Proco Member

Wow, not bad man ;) Looks like a pretty solid rig to PLAY under common situations for most players around here.

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it to spend that much money on gear... before TGP (and some others) I was really happy with 4 pedals and my Laney amp plus a POD 2.0 for home recordings...

15. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Supporting Member

Those Gear Page People!!!

16. Proco

Proco Member