Does this guitar exist in the budget arena?

Lution

I love the feel of a flatter radius neck. I must have at least a 14-16" radius. I really get along with the Wizard necks from Ibby.
I also love mahogany wood bodied traditionally shaped (lp or superstrat). A maple cap is fine also.
I must have a hardtail. I think I'm done with tremolos for a while.

So I'm looking for this:

Wizard Neck or equivalent
Mahogany body with or without a maple cap
LP or Superstrat body
Hardtail
Decent pickups
Under $750 new or used.

The only guitars I can think of are from larger companies. The closest Ibanez got I think was the RGA121 Prestige. . . or maybe their budget RG321MH.

Washburn has their WI66PRO with a 14' radius and nice pickups. I'm not all that turned on by the body shape. I've never played one to tell if the neck would work for me.

Those are the only two I can think of. Am I missing out on others?

bigdaddy

Warmoth makes a wizard profile neck and you can get your mahogany body exactly the way you want it.

Lution

I've been looking at that Godin Redline.

It looks interesting. I'm wondering if anyone has one of these they could comment on it.

Will Chen

Platinum Supporting Member
Here's a couple budget models which look to meet your criteria:

Agile Hawker - Mahogany, jumbo frets and thin neck (1st fret: 21 mm; at the 12th fret: 23mm)

Agile Septor - Mahogany, jumbo frets and 27" scale and thin neck(21.5mm (13/16") at the frest fret and 22mm at the 12th fret).

Lution

Will, thanks. And thanks to the rest for your suggestions.

I've owned a couple of Agiles. They seemed toneless to me. Just bad wood with paint and strings. I know there are quite a few who have bonded with their Agiles. I wasn't able to. Don't mean to harsh the Agiles. I just didn't really hear what others have in them.

Last edited:

Moctzal

I've been looking at that Godin Redline.

It looks interesting. I'm wondering if anyone has one of these they could comment on it.
Great guitars. Parts made in Canada, assembled in Canada/US.

Hard to beat them for value vs $.

Also, you could get the Redline I for 479 on MF and it comes with an EMG 81 (One pickup/one volume knob configuration) if active pickups are your deal.

Lution

The Redline II looks appealing. for the added EMG-85 and the tone knob.

I am an active pickup virgin. Never owned a guitar with EMGs and never have played one.

dickyb25

I just purchased a godin summit I really like it...its not what your lookin for but I find the quality of the guitars to be high...you should take a look at some schecters they have more than a couple models that should fit your needs