• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Does this look like a real R9

Austin_Taunt

Silver Supporting Member
*More pics added page 22 post 425*

Local shop has this beauty in and it’s been hanging on the wall for a few months. Owner and I are friends and he told me to throw him a decent number. Does not come with original case or any paperwork besides an appraisal letter from Gruhn Guitars. Plays great, sounds incredible but the serial number made me hesitate. It’s 9 1959. All of you CS owners out there...is this a coincidence or is this how they numbered them?

Last edited:

Dashface

It's always hard to tell shapes in photos because lens distortion and angles can make things look a bit weird... But I'm rather shocked to see an R9 that actually has the serial number '1959'... Seems like a bit of a fluke, doesn't it? Like a little too good to be true.

Also I've never in my life seen an R9 with a top like that, but maybe I'm wrong...?

Austin_Taunt

Silver Supporting Member
I don't think Gruhn would appraise a fake...
That’s the thing. The shop took detailed photos and sent them to Gruhn. They never physically had the guitar. It comes from a very high end collection. Has probably 10 other $5-12k guitars with another batch coming in next week. It’s a long time friend of his that has 100guitats with everything from Vintage 50s Gibson’s to modern custom made guitars from Germany.

pepedede

Local shop has this beauty in and it’s been hanging on the wall for a few months. Owner and I are friends and he told me to throw him a decent number. Does not come with original case or any paperwork besides an appraisal letter from Gruhn Guitars. Plays great, sounds incredible but the serial number made me hesitate. It’s 9 1959. All of you CS owners out there...is this a coincidence or is this how they numbered them?

It's possible the serial number is correct, it's a 9 1959. R9, 2001, 959. My R8 is 8 660*. R8, 2006, 60*.

If it has a letter from Gruhn, chase that up and get a verification from them. Is there a letter with it.

You know the seller, but the logo looks odd. As said, it should have an R9 stamped in black ink in the control cavity.

If it's a replica, it's a good one.

27sauce

Give Gibson a call with the SN. Not only they'll be able to tell you if it's legit they'll also be able to confirm the model, finish...

At least you'll have a straight answer
There could be 3 R9’s with that serial number. How will they know which one he has?(they won’t).

we know the serial is “legit”. Calling Gibson won’t accomplish anything.

Last edited:

Trending Topics