does this pedal exist?? (Adrenalinn and Slicer content)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by macca, Mar 24, 2008.

1. macca

macca Member

I really love the rhythmic patterns I can create using an effect like a Seek Wah or Seek Trem. Are there any pedals out there that do similar things, but that let you tap in a rhythm, rather than programming it in by setting levels?

If not, are there any other pedals out there that do similar type patterns and are easy to program? I've looked at the Adrenalinn; it looks like it allows you to make your own patterns for a variety of effects, but also looks like a pain in the ass to program. Anyone have any expereince with these? I would just use it for the sequencer-type effects, not really looking for an amp sim or drum machine.

The Slicer sounds interesting, too, though it won't be out for awhile and doesn't seem to let you program your own patterns.

As always, any input is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Bill

2. macca

macca Member

man, this one sunk like stone

one bounce to the top before it goes to the unpopular topic graveyard

3. enocaster

enocaster Member

I have an Adrenalinn and have never bothered to program sequences, if that tells you anything. I also have a Moog MuRF, which has no memory, but can be tap tempo-ed with an external switch. Cusack effects does tap tempo mods to the z vex pedals you mentioned, so along with the murf those might be yer best options until the slicer comes out.

4. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    Not so much a pedal, but an capable unit, the TC Electronics D:TWO allows you to tap in complex patterns and the unit will follow those. This unit is primarly a delay unit, but you can do some mighty cool things with it.

TheGrooveking

5. GovernorSilver

GovernorSilver Member

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "program your own patterns" but it looks like you're looking for multiple things:

1. Tap Tempo (adjust the tempo of the pattern by tapping your foot)

2. Able to program the rhythm of a pattern (different from tempo) - eg. 1 dotted eighth note followed by an eighth note and two quarter notes in a 4/4/ measure as opposed to 4 quarter notes.

3. Able to program the pitches of the pattern (eg. the Adrenalinn arpeggios used in some John Mayer songs). There is a software editor for the Adrenalinn that supposedly makes this easy to do.

4. Able to adjust the pitches in real time.

Are you looking for something that can do all of the above? That might be tough to find in a single pedal.

My Nord Modular G2X can do all of the above. To do #4 is as simple as turning the knobs that have been assigned to the steps of a step sequencer. I suspect splatt (David Torn) uses his Nord G2 to do something similar, as well as other things. I have some online demos of the G2 processing my guitar here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=791533&content=music

6. macca

macca Member

Governor, I'm really looking to be able to do #2 -- seems like GrooveKing's suggestion is right on the money, but I'd like to do what that unit can do for delays with something else, say, for example, a tremolo pattern

thanks for everyone's help so far