Does this specific keyboard exist?

Discussion in 'Keyboards and Synthesizers' started by marshianmello, Feb 13, 2020.

1. marshianmello

marshianmello Member

Is there a 37-49 key keyboard that has full sized keys, produces its own sounds (I am indifferent to MIDI controllers), and is under 400$?
    M4000D fits all but the last, Korg Microkorg fits all but the key size requirement, and so on.
    I’m really looking for just anything. It just has to be a small budget keyboard with good keys.

2. Madsen

Madsen Member

I've got a Novation Xstation 49. 49 full sized keys. Operates as a synth &/or controller/converter. You can find them used for under $400. There's also the UltraNova 37. those are easier to come by.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  3. thatguyoverthere

thatguyoverthere Member

If you’re into the Microkorg concept, check out the MS-2000. The innards and control options were shrunk to make the Microkorg, I believe patches can be exchanged between the two. Second hand value comes in around $400ish from what I’ve seen.

4. thatguyoverthere

thatguyoverthere Member

But obviously this all depends on whether or not you’re looking for just synth sounds, or something sample based too for pianos, organs, strings, etc

5. marshianmello

marshianmello Member

Let's prevent this from becoming an XY problem: I have a Boss VO-1 vocoder. With no reference to extra equipment other than two more cables plus the new keyboard, I want to press a key to make a sound, any sound, even if it's just a pure sine wave, the moment I pull it out of the box and plug it in, that goes out of the 1/4-out and into the VO-1 while my left hand plays my main keyboard.

6. Babysquid

Babysquid Member

7. eclecto-acoustic

eclecto-acoustic Supporting Member

Used Novation Ultranova. I sold it to go software, but it was great. A lot of the default patches were bent toward modernity, but the synth engine on that thing is massive. Three oscillators plus noise, and eight virtual oscillators...you could do a ton with just that. Detuned mono lines were thunderous.

8. jdogric12

jdogric12 Supporting Member

Alesis Micron - very powerful little synth, and I believe it checks every one of your boxes. Can be found for about $300, even the blue limited edition with double the polyphony.

9. anotherscott

anotherscott Member

Korg R3, Korg Triton Taktile 49, Yamaha MX49 are other possibilities