1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does VHT make a Master Volume Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Reynman, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Reynman

Reynman Member

From all indications, the tones that I am looking for are in the VHT Pittbull 45 or the Super Thirty. I am an at home player, so a master volume is necessary to keep the peace...

Is there a VHT in this tone range with a master volume? If not, what is my easiest fix to make it "at home" friendly?

Thanks
    Patrick

2. 6AM

6AM Supporting Member

Aren't all VHT's master volumes? :confused:

3. hogy

hogy Member

4. Reynman

Reynman Member

Thanks all...have been to the site...pics of the panel are a bit sparse.

I guess I am using the wrong terminology. On my AC15, there was a Volume knob and a Master Knob. I could push the volume knob all the way up and have the Master down. This would give me the grind and crunch without raising the roof.

From what I have seen in the pictures...there is only a volume. To get the crunch and grind, you have to be at performance levels.

I do not seem to have a dealer nearby, and so I have asked here.

5. Greazygeo

Greazygeo Member

All their amps have Master volumes......

6. CMB

CMB Member

VHT uses Volume and Gain rather than Volume and Master - different terminology for the same thing (more or less).

craig

7. sosomething

sosomething Member

I think he's referring to the difference between amps that have independant channel and master volumes, opposed to one universal master volume.

8. Scott Cioe

Scott Cioe Member

The Super 30 and the Pittbull 45 have two separate channels.

The clean side has volume only, while the OD side has volume and gain.

If you need added grind on the OD, or like a broken up clean, you can run the amp with the effects loop in, in series mode, and use the level control as an overall master volume. This is what I do not only at home, but at gigs in order to get a consistant, HOT sound from both channels. It KICKS!

9. Dana Olsen

Dana Olsen Gold Supporting Member

Reynman, Craig is right.

On an amp that has 2 controls, 1 labelled "Gain" and the other "Volume", they control exactly those two functions independently - one controls the amount of Gain, the other the Volume.

In the case of VHT, the "Volume" IS a Master Volume on that channel. The Gain knob controls gain independently.

Dana

10. Guitar Desire

Guitar Desire Active Member

It's reffered to as a "Global master"

11. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

12. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

13. Koreldyre

Koreldyre Member

Actually it depends on which VHT model. Most of them have three knobs to shape the volume/drive balance, on the UL/CLX/CL they have Master volume, channel volume and channel gains. The Deliverance has a similar scheme with three knobs to shape how you want the gain and at what kind of total volume. I've personally gotten ridiculous rock/metal/blues tones out of all these at room levels -- I haven't tried the Super 30 or 45.

You might want to check out the Deliverance if you're looking for a medium-to-high gain amp w/ separate volumes. Just keep in mind it's one channel with no switching or effects loop abilities. People tend to swear by it after they've tried one. :)

Also, you may want to wait if you're really interested in the 30/45 combos, they are getting revamped as we speak. The success of the Deliverance line is bringing about a change in "nametags" as all the amps up to this point have been umbrella'd under Pittbull. This won't be the case anymore. Or if you really like the current ones and cost is an issue, they will show up cheap on eBay soon.