Does your Fulltone Fulldrive2 sound the same as the clip on there site?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Dylan61, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Dylan61

Dylan61 Member

2. clothwiring

clothwiring Supporting Member

I take clips on websites with a grain of salt. Keep in mind, what it was recorded with (amp, guitar, mic(s), recording techique etc etc) will affect what you hear, also it's being boiled down to an mp3 so that'll affect it as well. I just knew that a handful of artists I enjoyed stated great things about the FD2...and I live in the middle of nowhere so sometimes I have to buy things a bit blind...and I made out great. I enjoy my FD2 in my main rig quite a bit.

3. regotheamigo

regotheamigo Member

I love my Fulltone 2 pedal. I think its got such great warmth, and roundness. I have a 80's Chandler Tube Driver that B.K Butler modded for me, with the bias control, and I still think the Fulldrive sounds better.

4. Rocknrollampsinc

Rocknrollampsinc Member

5. blues revenge

blues revenge Supporting Member

I really like the 1st gain stage, but the red channel is far too compressed for my taste-seems like a waste, haven't gotten rid of it yet, waiting to get the one from Divided by 13.

6. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Yes, in fact, my Fulltone Fulldrive 2 tone sounds very close to that most of the time (depending on amp and/or guitar choice) ... and though that's some soulful playing on that clip... it's not the sound I was after....

Now prefer either a Zendrive or a Seymour Duncan Twin tube... or a combination thereof...

7. Mullet Kingdom

Mullet Kingdom Senior Member

It depends on the guitar and amp you're using as much as anything else. Go to my myspace page if you want to hear some clips of me using my FD2. It's in comp-cut mode on one song and flat mids-mode on the other.

Anyway, I like the FD2 a lot. In fact, I used to have an original TS-808 and I actually prefer the sound of the Fulldrive.

8. SW33THAND5

SW33THAND5 Member

you can actually find at a local guitar center usually. plug it in and see if you like it? thats what i did. and i did. and i loved it!

9. pbradt

pbradt Senior Member

Well, the other ting is the guitarist isn't you. You could play through some other guy's rig and sound like you so it stands to reason site clips can't be use as the end-all.

10. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

Sound clips of pedals are even less helpful or insightful that amp clips. Far too many factors to get any real idea of how they will work in your situation. Even amp responds differently to pedals. Not mention the infinite number of other factors involved as well. Having said that I own a Custom Shop Fulldrive II and Mosfet Edition and I really dig them both. You just have to figure out what works for you.

11. Dylan61

Dylan61 Member

Thanks, but Iam from the other side of the big water, that's why I try to get an idea if the Fulldrive sound about the example at there site.

Its not the first pedal that I've ordered that not even came close to a example clip.

(Fulltone gives clips with a '61 Strat..well I have not one laying around)