dolly-partons-original-recording-of-jolene-slow

Picaflor

Wow, that is really cool. A lot more soul than I'm sure most would ever give her credit for.

xjojox

Tardis-dwelling wanker
I've heard that before, pretty interesting. I'm thinking about digitally slowing it down without the pitch change to see if that works too.

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
That is some good **** right there.

Dolly is a huge talent. She wrote the damn song.

I might have to start covering this!

Check out them harmonies too.

Phletch

Anybody but me think that slowed down it sounds like a dude? :dunno Certainly puts a different spin on the old lurve triangle...

loudboy

That is some good **** right there.

Dolly is a huge talent. She wrote the damn song.

I might have to start covering this!

Check out them harmonies too.
She's a treasure.

Check her bluegrass stuff she did about 10 years ago. Amazing.

I read her biography in the early '80s and she had over 3000 copyrights then.

One of the very first women in the music business to have total control over her carer, and I've never heard anyone say anything bad about her.

My fave Dolly joke - "If I have one more facelift, I'm gonna have a beard!"

bc-cosmo

Silver Supporting Member
Incredibly cool track at the slower speed.
Now the original speed almost sounds weird:

Anybody but me think that slowed down it sounds like a dude? :dunno Certainly puts a different spin on the old lurve triangle...
It sounds like a woman's voice at a lower pitch. That's the only thing that bugs me about slowed down versions of songs, the vocals never really sound natural. Otherwise they're really interesting and cool.

I bought her "Dolly and friends" DVD a couple of years ago - and she is one *funny*, awesome lady. I liked her before in an 'she's an icon' sort of way, but there's something magical about her, and she seems like a wonderfully nice person. If you've never seen those DVDs, there are some great clips with Linda Rondstadt and Emmylou Harris (I assume 'pre-trio')