Don Mare Telecaster Pickups

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by freddairy, Jul 14, 2008.

1. freddairy

freddairy Member

I bought a pink paisley Telecaster to use strictly as a back up last month in my soul band because I really thought it just wouldn't look right up on stage playing Memphis inspired Booker T stuff on it. But I ordered Don Mare 4709 last month and put it in. I'm really digging the way this pickup has made my guitar sound. I have a stock '52 Reissue American Vintage and a Partscaster that is made up of a 1 piece swamp ash body and has Duncan 54s in it. This Don Mare pickup is making this poly covered basswood guitar come alive. I used it at a show last weekend and I put some sound clips up on our myspace all the clips are of the paisley Tele with the Don Mare in the bridge.

The Track Hot BBQ I don't hit the bridge pickup until my second solo.
    But that pickup is on for the other tracks.

The sound clips should start playing automatically at this link
    www.myspace.com/thestacks

2. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

Man, you guys sound HOT!! I LOVE your style. You really need to record a CD. I'll buy it in a heartbeat. And, yes, a good Tele with a Don Mare pu is indeed a sound to behold. I have a USA Custom Guitars Mary Kaye Tele with a D.M. Rick Holmstrom bridge pu and D.M. S-Telly in the neck. I also have a concentric tone/blender pot that I really like. But, oh yeah, Don knows how to make killer sounding pu's. Did I say your band kicks a#*?!!!

Tom

3. freddairy

freddairy Member

4. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Great stuff, Fred. I have Don's 2324 set in an ash body and his Super Sport set in a pine body. Amazing pups, not a bad tone to be found.

5. Dion

Dion Supporting Member

Hey Fred,

Awesome groove!

Have a set of Nancy's in the partscater. Luv Don's stuff!

Where do you play in Chicago? I have family in the area, may make a trip to the windy city this summer.

6. freddairy

freddairy Member

We play anywhere we can in the city. Mostly the north side so far. I would like to break into some of the south side blues joints eventually.
    Thanks for the kind comments everyone!