1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Don Mare Telecaster Pickups

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by freddairy, Jul 14, 2008.

1. freddairy

freddairy Member

I bought a pink paisley Telecaster to use strictly as a back up last month in my soul band because I really thought it just wouldn't look right up on stage playing Memphis inspired Booker T stuff on it. But I ordered Don Mare 4709 last month and put it in. I'm really digging the way this pickup has made my guitar sound. I have a stock '52 Reissue American Vintage and a Partscaster that is made up of a 1 piece swamp ash body and has Duncan 54s in it. This Don Mare pickup is making this poly covered basswood guitar come alive. I used it at a show last weekend and I put some sound clips up on our myspace all the clips are of the paisley Tele with the Don Mare in the bridge.

The Track Hot BBQ I don't hit the bridge pickup until my second solo.
    But that pickup is on for the other tracks.

The sound clips should start playing automatically at this link
    www.myspace.com/thestacks

2. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

Man, you guys sound HOT!! I LOVE your style. You really need to record a CD. I'll buy it in a heartbeat. And, yes, a good Tele with a Don Mare pu is indeed a sound to behold. I have a USA Custom Guitars Mary Kaye Tele with a D.M. Rick Holmstrom bridge pu and D.M. S-Telly in the neck. I also have a concentric tone/blender pot that I really like. But, oh yeah, Don knows how to make killer sounding pu's. Did I say your band kicks a#*?!!!

Tom

3. freddairy

freddairy Member

4. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Great stuff, Fred. I have Don's 2324 set in an ash body and his Super Sport set in a pine body. Amazing pups, not a bad tone to be found.

5. Dion

Dion Supporting Member

Hey Fred,

Awesome groove!

Have a set of Nancy's in the partscater. Luv Don's stuff!

Where do you play in Chicago? I have family in the area, may make a trip to the windy city this summer.

6. freddairy

freddairy Member

We play anywhere we can in the city. Mostly the north side so far. I would like to break into some of the south side blues joints eventually.
    Thanks for the kind comments everyone!