DonneR - More Mos 4 Review Content?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BillyK, Sep 30, 2005.

1. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

You started a wonderful review of Alf's Mos 4 recently. Do you have more info/insights on this pedal?

Thanks!

2. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

3. Non-Digital Tom

Non-Digital Tom Member

How about the Mini Mos? I think it's 4 knobs in a Zendrive sized box. Does anyone here have one of these?

4. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

oops sorry missed this one.........

well there was this

Hermidapalooza thread

did you have any questions in particular ???

5. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Thanks DonneR. I had read that thread already and was wondering how you are fairing with the new 4-knob Mos ('cause I have one on order with Alf and I am curious).

6. teestone

teestone Mostly Regular Member Silver Supporting Member

I have 4-knob mini-Mos. It's the only version of the Mos I've ever tried. I don't know how I would have used this pedal without the Voice knob. It's crucial.

7. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

teestone:
    What does the voice knob offer you? Can you compare the Mos 4-knob to any well-known pedals like a ToneBone for instance?

Also, I read that some players like to use the Mos for an almost-clean boost. Does it really get "almost clean"?

Thanks!
    -bk

8. Don Rusk

Oh, Im still diggin it ~~ I donated/sold my 3 knobber Mos for the Katrina auctions, since the 4 knobber covers it and more....

yes the Voice knob all the way up is stock Mosferatu/same as 3 knobber if your wondering.....

and the voice knob as you bring it down canges the gain structure and pulls down the 'honk' freq so it becomes more uniform, and this makes the tone control more useful thru its rotation too since it isnt fighting a huge mid honk.....

IF your happy with the 3M then dont sweat it....... the voice knob just gives more variety.... and brings it down toward upper Zendrive territory

( and when I sent Gainsters Zen2 back to him after his gracious loan, I included my Mos 4 knobber for him to check out,,,, but dont bug him about clips just yet ;) and shhhh dont tell anyone else ok ? ):cool:

9. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Thanks DonneR!

10. Don Rusk

sure thing..... I really think he should just start making them all 4 knobbers, the MOS might find a wider audience with the extra versatility

11. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Member

I think Alf replied in an email to me, that the MOS was indeed going to be all 4 knobber now.