Donner Spatial Delay

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by LVC, Oct 7, 2006.

1. LVC

LVC Senior Member

Can someone posts a review of this pedal (and clips). I am possibly in the market for a new delay (with short/long function).

On my big board I have 2 T-Rex Replica pedals (one in loop one in line). I am having a grab and go board built (18 x 16) so real estate is tight.

I have an AD80 and an AD900 that I was thinking of putting on small board -- but if I can get away with one delay that does the job -- that would be great.

I have tried the Boss DD-20 and the DLS -- personally I have very low opinions of both pedals --- especially the DLS (my opinion might be a little jaded because of the T-rex Replica).

One of the things that drives me crazy with delays is hearing the clock noise -- neither the Maxon vintage analog ADs nor the Replica produce any clock noise.

any input (and clips) would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks

L

2. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

I went to his site today with the idea of buying one and they seem to be all sold right now. :jo I'm very interested too.

3. LVC

LVC Senior Member

I am interested as well-- I have no problem waiting on a pedal -- I just want to hear some clips and get some feedback from folks that received the first batch.

I already have a couple of delays (excellent vintage ones) that I can put on my new mini board --- but I prefer not to. I am hoping S Delay can fit the bill -- besides I think paint job is really cool.

L

4. drolling

drolling Member

Anyone know what's inside that cool looking box? Is it a comercially available effect that's been rehoused, or something custom-made for Don?

5. LL1

LL1 Member

Donner please interject if I am wrong, but I think they are made for Donner! Not rehoused.
    Also about 600ms analog voiced dig. Yes very tempting. Not sure what the inside looks like?

6. rabbit

rabbit Member

7. LVC

LVC Senior Member

8. 908SSP

908SSP Supporting Member

Great demo way fun to watch. Sounds very good and the slap/long echo switch is a great idea.

But my favorite thing is that all the plugs and AC adapter are all on the top end of the box. I know I'm weird I just think this is by far the most compact and usable layout.

9. LVC

LVC Senior Member

I agree -- makes layouts (especially for smaller boards) much easier --- honestly I wished that top plugs/ac adaptor was default or at least an option on most pedals.

It really does make life easier -- especially when you swap effects -- less reconfigs needed on both line and power cords.

I think for most pedal builders --placement of ac and line plugs is an after thought -- maybe not, but it appears that way -- very little consistancy. Analogman I think is one of the builders (maybe only builder) that really has thought this through and gives you options on some pedals.

L

10. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

.....ooops sorry, Im workin today didnt seethis earlier,but looks like you all found most of the answers anyway ....

Yes I put up two vid clips on youtube last night and theres another one of Tomo playing the prototype at ToneFest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2hEWeyRmbg
    that gives a better idea of what it might sound like in a room/band sitch not so closely mic'd

...this first batch is sort of a test/prototype experiment art project .....

Im not tryin to fool anyone, I dont assemble circuits/pedals - this is just what I wanted in a delay and I found someone to make them for me.... there are 8 of them, (3 more in the mail) - they are digital - they are voiced to sound like analog, but they have about 600ms of delay time and you can stomp between a short and a long time, and I think they look pretty 'special' ~ and in the part of the country where my Mothers side of the family is from Special and Spatial are pronounced the same :YinYang :BEER

Yes as you can see Im also very fond of the Sparkledrive layout.

well lunch is over , back to work for me.......;)

11. Don Rusk

12. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

13. 908SSP

908SSP Supporting Member

Is that where the jacks are going to be? If so it could sound like ___ and I wouldn't buy one. Put the jacks back on top.

14. Don Rusk

Yeah tho as most people have thier delays on the second level 'on the top' isnt as great on these.....

anyway the new boards forced it t his way - and theres NO battery at all.....

2 stomps - 1 bypass 1 between two speeds

upper and lower left knobs are for the time and level of t he long speed

middle upper/lower knobs are the slapback speed and level

right upper knob is universal repeats and the lower right knob is a tone control for the repeats that does from slight treble boost down thru murky treble rolloff which will mimic the EQ of most of the delays out there.... first batch will be $299 ( this is the proto - production models look cooler)

15. eric-d

eric-d Member

How much is it again? I missed that. :D

16. Don Rusk

the first batch will be $299

AND the second version is ready too, it might be a mistake but I will just release both at the same time....choice is good ...

Second version is same layout - but basically one time/level channel with switchable modulation (SPEED/DEPTH knobs AND IN/OUT STOMP)

So you can choose between two timer or modulation

they are both Digilog (clarity of digital,warmth of analog) voiced and both have the =/- tone control

17. Don Rusk

18. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

OMG!OMG!OMG!!!! I want them all!!!

OMA LORD!

19. jazzguitarplay

jazzguitarplay Member

Dude those things are beautiful, Donner puts much love into his pedal workings, i think its too good for me-----awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww-i want one-Marko if ya buy em all thats almost 3 grand, imagine hooking them all up together, that would sound like the delay of the angels in heaven

20. gregory49

gregory49 Member

im sure its a great pedal, but i don't think its for me.