DonnerB - How do you order CS BJFE Pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by justonwo, Jan 22, 2008.

1. justonwo

justonwo Member

Boy, finding BJFE stuff is quite a task. It's all very cryptic. Does anyone have any idea how you would go about ordering a Sparkling Yellow OD (if they're even available now)?

And what is the wait on these?

2. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

They cant be ordered per se. You email donner and ask about them and he might have a list to add you to. That by no means says you will ever get one since he may decide to make 3 one day and the list is 400 people long. I also think chances to buy CS pedals for $500+ are now raffled off on the BJFE forum now so the lists might not mean anything. Ive been on a list for a VCF for a year now and I dont think Ill ever see one.

3. justonwo

justonwo Member

Oh, that sounds fun . . .

4. Don't Post

Don't Post Member

the VCF is coming out from Mad Professor soon but i'd still rather have a BJF one too :(.

Donners site really leads you to believe you can buy the CS Pedals,he should change that!

5. majorledhead

majorledhead Member

I would think that with launching an amp and pedal line, building regular BJFE pedals, hitting trade shows and such that the wait for custom order stuff got a bit longer.

6. Yr Blues

Yr Blues Member

Very true. That website is very misleading. The only part that I would check out is his BJFE forum.

7. justonwo

justonwo Member

Yeah, I've searched and searched through the forum, but I can't seem to find a straight answer for the ordering process.

I gather, however, that it involves lists and long waits . . . :)

8. rewog

rewog Member

I agree.
    It's a bit of a silly game that I can't really be bothered playing.
    I've tried to buy CS pedals several times and had no luck, so now it's production models for me, or another brand.

As for the raffle to be "allowed" to buy a $500 pedal so you have the "privilege" of providing Feedback on the design... :NUTS

I'd admire BJ's work a lot, but I do have to question the way the CS stuff is handled.

9. Eskimo_Joe

Eskimo_Joe Rocker, roller, way out of controller Supporting Member

I can't speak for Donner, but as a frequenter of the BJFE forum, what I have observed is that there are two types of Custom Shop pedals --- regular Custom Shop and R&D Custom Shop. As far as I know, the Custom Shop pedals like the Model R, the Folk Fuzz, and the VCF are list based. The R&D pedals are the ones that are typically distributed through a drawing and the person(s) who get them are expected to provide in depth feedback so that Bjorn can learn and tweak accordingly. The SYOD is in the R&D phase and is not widely available. There has been a couple pop up here and there for sale though. Hope that helps! I'm sure Donner can add more perspective.

10. Craise

Craise Member

Guys, custom shop is just that...Custom stuff BJ does when he has time.
    They are not full time models that can be ordered all the time.
    Basically they are prototypes...
    Models like VCF are coming out under the Mad Professor name...in a smaller box than the BJF models to boot..
    Hopefully others will be made full time models or added to the MP line..
    But I would just think of the CS stuff as protos that lottery winners get to the
    chance to own and give feedback to the maker...
    Maybe when BJ has more time he'll be able to take more CS orders...but with a New MP amp, MP pedals coming out and NAMM I'm sure he has his plate full...
    :dude

11. justonwo

justonwo Member

I guess Donner's site is a bit misleading, then. It appears that the CS pedals are available to purchase.

12. Don't Post

Don't Post Member

yeah,until you try & buy one!

13. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

Those are the prices they are available for... you e-mail to get on the list, and then you wait... what is misleading?

I asked to be put on the list for three BJFE CS models, and received an e-mail for each one as they were available for me. Unfortunately by the time that happened, I was no longer using pedals in my rig, but I still don't see what is misleading about his site.

_TJK*

P/S Donner is a great cat and loves tone as much as we all do, but also has a day job, so don't bust his balls too hard, just write him an e-mail and you'll get a reply.

14. Don't Post

Don't Post Member

no dems the olden days,don't work like that nomore.now when you ask to get on the list for any of those pedals you're asked to join the forum so you can raffle at a chance.pretty missleading with prices up & all.

15. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

Really? Whats misleading ?

http://www.tonesafari.com/id58.html

Seriously Id like to improve it if its causing someone pain....

I put the prices on the pics to keep from having to answer so many - "How much are they' emails...

I dont think it says anything about anything for sale there... big link to the forum at the top...

All the lists were closed months ago - I am honoring the old lists as I get pedals..... but there are no lists to join... drawings only...

and the new R and D models have no lists - the best way to ensure engaged feedback is to limit it to people on the site ~ people that wont go to the trouble to register and post probably wont bother to give detailed feedback either....

Theres no big mystery or evil master plan - Research and Development is just that - under development with detailed feedback being of top importance --- and these pedals are still being tweeked so arent judged ready for public consumption yet anyway... if you dont have the patience for that then your in the wrong line. Sorry to have offended you ;)

16. rewog

rewog Member

Donner

A pic of a bunch of pedals with a price underneath would generally indicate it's something you can buy.

How long has the statement about drawings - in brackets - been there ?
    Maybe you should mention that they're not available to to buy, and that there are no lists people can get on, especially if you don't want people to email about them..

Most builders who offer "Custom Shop" pedals, have offerings that can be ordered or bought.
    BJ doesn't, but it's not really clear on your site.
    I know I've emailed you twice and been told there's nothing for sale here... buy a raffle ticket.

17. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

thanks thats helpful......

actually come to think of it that page USED to be where the frist customshop pedals were sold when I was doing all the different brands , I mostly use it as a pic link page .......

What if it just said BJFE CS Gallery or something - just pictures and a 'None For Sale ~ Check the forum for drawings' or something ??? Im open to suggestions...

18. rewog

rewog Member

I think that would solve the problem Donner.

19. Don't Post

Don't Post Member

:AOK

20. justonwo

justonwo Member

Yep, pretty much my sentiments. I'm not trying to insult or start a war. Your site is genuinely confusing and it's not clear at all what is for sale (apparently nothing), how to obtain it (apparently you can't), and the purpose of Custom Shop (which usually means the one-off or cream of the crop stuff still available for mass consumption).

I emailed you a couple of weeks back with questions and you replied that it's a bit cryptic on purpose.

Well, I then spent probably a total of 2 hours trying to figure out how you get these pedals. And I still didn't understand until I started this thread.

Anyway, as quoted above, some clarification on your site would go a long way. Just a suggestion . . .