• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Don't care what anyone says, no pedal is worth what this guy just paid for one.

Tech21

I have just seen this...
Five grand for a pedal FFS.....?
S'pose once you've spent five grand on a single pedal you can convince your self of anything concerning how you think it sounds.

I dunno, shear madness when you think what else you could buy with $5,000, decent car perhaps, nice guitar AND amp.

Or, indeed, you could have bought this pair of Speaker Cables for your HiFi for fifty grand,making the pedal seem quite cheap by comparison.
$50,000 for a pair of speaker cables....
and these cables could go up to $81,600 with different options making the pedal look like the poor mans choice.

Wish I had that sort of money to burn and a mind that would let me do it.... Or maybe I'm really happy as I am.

Twoinch

That five grand is nothing. The pedal is a prop to get views, and more views get him paid more money. He will make his money, then sell it for profit.

All his guitars are furnished by PRS. You'll only see him play PRS since Paul started sending guitars this last year.

One of the least entertaining guitar channels IMO.

BootRoots

Silver Supporting Member
Dude’s full time job is creating YT content that gets clicks and new subscribers. The fact that we are talking about it in this thread tells me he’s being effective.
Yes it’s crazy expensive, that was kind of the bit for that episode. Comically he paid considerably more for his klon than what others did looking at recent completed deals on reverb but I think he wanted one on the high end for the sake of the episode. This guy is an entertainer, and a good musician to boot. (Berkley grad). I think some of you are taking this a bit too seriously.

BootRoots

Silver Supporting Member
...but releasing a video with a title like that amidst a pandemic that has left most working musicians financially struggling seems a little bit tone deaf.
I would classify him as a working musician as well. He earns his living creating musical content online that we get to consume for free. (It’s all entertainment). I don’t know if I would call him tone deaf though for being industrious enough to find a way to keep a solid musical revenue stream going amidst a pandemic. I’d call that good business.

pup tentacle

Gold Supporting Member
I sampled about a minute of that video throughout different spots and have come to the conclusion that this guy is just as lame and annoying as he looks in the still pic. I don't care what pedals he has or how much he's paid for them. I don't know how anyone could willingly subject themselves to this tripe.

Emigre

I sampled about a minute of that video throughout different spots and have come to the conclusion that this guy is just as lame and annoying as he looks in the still pic. I don't care what pedals he has or how much he's paid for them. I don't know how anyone could willingly subject themselves to this tripe.
I feel the same for about 99% of youtube personalities... :D

Mosley

Electric Catnip
Platinum Supporting Member
I would classify him as a working musician as well. He earns his living creating musical content online that we get to consume for free. (It’s all entertainment). I don’t know if I would call him tone deaf though for being industrious enough to find a way to keep a solid musical revenue stream going amidst a pandemic. I’d call that good business.
Oh I agree he’s a working musician and this is just business, I just feel like it’s a little tacky when so many gigging musicians are being hit so hard. But, like you said, good for him for figuring out an angle to keep the money coming nowadays.

jvin248

It's all for the clicks. If he thought riding a skateboard while playing guitar would get clicks he'd do it. He will eventually sell the pedal for more than he paid. It may take longer but he will get his cash back. Just posting his video has caused a dozen people to scour sites to get one too -- driving the price up a bit more. I've seen some high viewer count sites buy used guitars and then double or triple the used market prices after they rave about them and that price sustains for months.

I have one of these Golden Horse pedals for $25 and it does the job even ... "transparently".

Trending Topics