• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Don't care what anyone says, no pedal is worth what this guy just paid for one.

Laservampire

STOP GIVING THESE YOUTUBE IDIOTS CLICKS AND ATTENTION

A few tips on how to spot YouTube garbage:

- 10min+ running time (gotta get that ad revenue)
- click bait title
- thumbnail with soyface

There is a Chrome browser extension called “Blocktube” which is fantastic for filtering keywords and blocking channels. Essential for avoiding this sh!t.

kowalski440

*sigh*
This guy again. :facepalm

Folks, it's time to learn to resist clicking on the bait that people like MIW set out for us. He doesn't give a sh!t about the pedal. His sole interest is making money and creating a stupid thumbnail that makes us think he's doing something edgy when he isn't. And suckers fall for it every single time. Not only do people fall for it, but it gets him more views when a thread like this pops up and brings in even more clicks to his lame video.

Come on, fellow pickers. He's a YouTube knob who does this to make a lot of money and that's all.
Stop falling for it and stop clicking on his videos.

ps: the Klon is still massively overrated :Devil

*sigh*

Folks, it's time to learn to resist clicking on the bait that people like MIW set out for us. He doesn't give a sh!t about the pedal. His sole interest is making money and creating a stupid thumbnail that makes us think he's doing something edgy when he isn't. And suckers fall for it every single time. Not only do people fall for it, but it gets him more views when a thread like this pops up and brings in even more clicks to his lame video.

Come on, fellow pickers. He's a YouTube knob who does this to make a lot of money and that's all.

It's obviously overrated for the price, but do you think the circuit is overrated for what you can get it for in various forms? I have a KTR, but just paid list price. Then there are Ceriatones, MO's, Archer's, etc, etc.

piazzi

- click bait title
- thumbnail with soyface

There is a Chrome browser extension called “Blocktube” which is fantastic for filtering keywords and blocking channels. Essential for avoiding this sh!t.
I have often thought what would happen if youtube had a policy to only pay if people would stay on a video for a specified length of time like 20% of total running time or something.

most garbage we detect seconds into a video and we move on

piazzi

*sigh*

I never really got the KLON thing, perhaps because I never had the multi-1000 real thing.

I have a Wampler Deluxe that I used to like a lot and use with a mid-scooped amp. Now that I play an amp with a good EQ, a healthy dose of mids and nice power section compression, it is sitting on a shelf

Baracus

Is it madness?
Two years ago they were $2000.
They are delivering good returns as an investment plus they sound good.
Also as someone had mentioned it is making him money on youtube.

Seems like a smart move.

You think because others are suffering he should too?
That's ridiculous.

Peacefrog78

*sigh*

[/QUOTE]
no thanks. I actually enjoy some of his content.

BlueRiff

My favorite responses to this video are (1) “With that kind of money, he could have....” as if was trying to economize and (2) those feeling personally oppressed after having viewed it. Very entertaining!!

Twoinch

Love his "rationale" - "If this video gets a million views...it would be worth it [buying the $5000 pedal]."

:facepalm
I don't quite get this comment.

If the video made from the pedal, pays for the pedal, then it literally cost nothing but the time to make the video.

His statement is literal fact.

Without buying the pedal, the content wouldn't have been made, the money would not have been made.

Making that particular 5 grand wasnt an option without buying that pedal...

If i could spend a few hours filming and editing a video, and pay for a custom shop LP.... Well.... i wouldn't be typing this right now, that's for sure.

If he's getting $5,000 for every 1 million views... He's doing just fine.

JesterR

- click bait title
- thumbnail with soyface

That's what I love about youtube. Democratic! If someone says, that youtube is full of trash content, it's only because millions of trash content consumers consume it (love, or hate, no matter. But hate is better: more comments, more views, more shares, like OP)

Jynx

Heh. I knew it was going to be this video before I clicked it.

I'm pretty sure an emulation of this pedal is on the Pod Go called 'Minotaur'. It's pretty good there too.

Phisherman

Saw that video the other day. Sure, Klons sound great...but releasing a video with a title like that amidst a pandemic that has left most working musicians financially struggling seems a little bit tone deaf.
Right?!? Know your audience.

Trending Topics