Dorm Room/Apartment Set Ups: Lets see em!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by TrentBizzle, Mar 10, 2008.

1. TrentBizzle

TrentBizzle Member

I'm a college student who wants to see what everyone else uses in their apartments or dorms. Amps, Guitars, Recording gear....whatever you got! I hate having to narrow my rig down just to be "considerate of others". Here is what I ended up with.

:dude

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Amp: Orange Tiny Terror w/ two 1x12 matching cabs
    Guitars: 06 PRS custon 22, late 90's PRS custom 24, Taylor 300 series
    Effects: Line 6 delay and modulation stomp boxes, Boss tuner, CryBaby,
    Boss Reverb, Line 6 Uber Metal
    Recording: MacBook, Cubase, Garageband, BlackBox GuitarBox, M-Audio BX5a speakers, Presonus Firestudio Project

Long Live Rock And Roll!

2. MGuts

MGuts Supporting Member

I currently have no pics, but I run a mexican strat through a Fulltone OCD to a Pro Junior. In my dorm you're really not even supposed to have amps, so I have to keep it extremely quiet which really sucks. How do you like that Tiny Terror? What college are you at?

3. TrentBizzle

TrentBizzle Member

I freakin love the thing....Ive used it for all of the shows ive done on campus and off...amazingly versatile for only 3 controls. The 7/15 watt switch is cool bc I can play at low volume/watts when it's late, then blare during the day. When I go home to my main rig I even hook it up to a single or two 4x12's and it sounds amazing through those.

I go to Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN.

4. MGuts

MGuts Supporting Member

Good deal..Im at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wi. A guy that works at one of the local shops in the suburbs of Chicago has said some real good things about that amp. I definitely am going to have to check one out. He said the same thing you did about the lack of controls but the abundance of tone.

5. KCWM

KCWM Member

What you don't see below is the little Vox pathfinder 10 that's been getting a lot of practice time because I can coax some decent sounding clean tones out of it, so I've been A/B clean tones.

I just picked up the Ibanez Artcore, PRS SE Soapbar, and SG this weekend. Looks like I need to take a cloth to some of those smudges.

[​IMG]

6. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

Given your screen name I thought there'd be a Zendrive down there somewhere...:rotflmao

7. Drew68

Drew68 Supporting Member

Don't have a photo yet but in my apartment if I want the cops to show up I'll plug my Les Paul Classic or my HWY1 Strat into my Marshall DSL50 sitting atop a JCM800 slanted cabinet loaded with four 15ohm Rola Celestion G12-65s.

If I don't want a visit from the local police I'll plug into a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT (and even that's too loud).

Sigh... I really need a home with a basement.

8. Stormin

Stormin Supporting Member

When I was in a dorm from '88 to '90, I had a Mark series Boogie with double 4x12's and a 400 watt Peavey PA for a stereo. My neighbors loved me...

Stormin!

9. MGuts

MGuts Supporting Member

I've always thought about bringing my 5150 half stack up here and seeing how everyone likes it:RoCkIn

10. RDM

RDM Senior Member

This is what I'm using for both practice and recording preamp

[​IMG]

11. midnightlaundry

midnightlaundry Member

This is the old apartment. I paid my dirtbag living space dues here! Small as fook!... But don't be jealous because you can't afford my custom monitor stands. :D

[​IMG]

12. big brekfest

big brekfest Guest

^^ winner. holy crap. talk about a re purposed space!

13. Natron

Natron Member