Double Cut Junior?

GeLoFi

Silver Supporting Member
I'm looking for a single P-90 double cut Junior-type. Can anyone recommend something in the 1k-1.5k range? All I really see is the Collings but its pricey.

GeLoFi

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, looking at new prices on the Collings and Gibson 58 CS makes this a hard pill to swallow.

Tim Plains

Thanks, looking at new prices on the Collings and Gibson 58 CS makes this a hard pill to swallow.
Then don't look at new. My 2010 was $1,300 Canadian two years ago.

Check Reverb, make offers, put up wanted ads locally and on a few forums. One will turn up.

blacknblues

It can be tricky to find the LP Junior DC at the price you are asking. You may want to look at some of the Japanese versions. Also, I wouldn't buy a Special with the 2 P90s unless I could play it. My experience has been that they do not sound like a true single dogear pickup P90 Junior.

gmann

Bacchus makes a nice one and used they are under a grand, some well under. I just got one yesterday.

aiq

Silver Supporting Member
I have a '95 Gibson DC Special on the way. For some reason it was in Bell Garden, CA for three days. In Atlanta this morning so maybe tomorrow.

Anyway gave a bit over 1200 for it. Watched Reverb and eBay for a few weeks until I decided on this one.

Last edited:

cap10kirk

Edwards, Gibson, or Reverend if you don't mind deviating from the traditional shape (I love my Reverend Junior fwiw)

yoworob

All Shall be Well
Gold Supporting Member
I was just going to suggest the Rev. Sensei Jr - awesome guitar but definitely different from the classic shape

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
You might get lucky and find a Gibson Billie Joe LP double cut LP Jr, but they are hard to find, as they didn't make many of them. I would look for a Japanese replica. They're out there.

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
I was so stupid. I let go of this mid-2000's DC Jr for about $700. I have had CS models and a Billie Joe. This was my favorite.

Jeff_G

Look for a Rock n Roll Relics Thunders used. Or a Kauer Daylighter Jr used. I've got a Daylighter Jr and it's INCREDIBLE!!

BadAssBill

Gold Supporting Member
I bought a new 2015 LP DC and I freaking love the thing. The auto tune stuff had already been removed, but after a small setup...I can't say enough good things about it's sound and playability.

Here is a small sample of it. Coming through a Z wreck...another sample of it at 6:11.

GeLoFi

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the tips guys. A lot of options appear to be 2-P90s guitars - I'm really looking for that single.

Trending Topics