• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Double Fat Tele copy

mims2

Does anyone know some good brands that make a double humbucker guitar similar to a Telecaster? I'm very interested in Music Man Axis guitars but can't find many without the Floyd Rose...

John Thigpen

Silver Supporting Member
The first thing that comes to mind is a Hamer Talledega. They have a model with P-90's (or Phat Cats?), and a model with humbuckers. I think Nick Huber makes a body shape similar to a Telecaster. Both are fairly expensive.

What needs to be similar to a Tele? The body shape? Bolt on neck? Scale length? My main guitar is a Telepartscaster, and I'd like a humbucker guitar to go with it, so I'm interested in what everyone comes up with also.

John

c_mac

Gold Supporting Member
Does anyone know some good brands that make a double humbucker guitar similar to a Telecaster? I'm very interested in Music Man Axis guitars but can't find many without the Floyd Rose...
Axis Super Sports are all over the place. They come with a hardtail or vintage trem.

Mudder

G&L made a dual hum ASAT. I think I might have seen one on ebay just last week.
Schecter has their PT, and it's pretty dang good considering the money.
Carvin will put whatever you want into a TL60.
Charvel has a tele body with 2 hums, but might also have a floyd...
And Fender has a '72 reissue with dual hums, not wide fields, just std hums.

Mattbedrock

Gold Supporting Member

Love my tele deluxe. It's a great hybrid of a Fender and Gibson.

Why not get the real thing?

Trending Topics