• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Double gig bags

Favorite double gig bag

• Total voters

devonteran

I'm thinking about getting a double gig bag. Most of the time when I play out I'm playing guitar lap steel and pedal steel, so any chance to make it easier to lug gear, I'll take it.

Most of the threads out there on double gig bags are old now and talk about discontinued lines.

What are the best options out there today? I'm open to something like the mono case, but it's pretty expensive. I'm wondering if there are options with less bells and whistles that might be less. I don't need fancy, I just need my guitars to be safe in transit. Weight isn't a deal killer, but it is a consideration. All things equal, I'd prefer a lighter bag.

I usually play telecasters, but I'm also working a les Paul Jr. DC into the rotation. Ideally I want to feel safe about a couple guild guitars I have too, one is an archtop, both have angled headstocks.

It seems like option sought there right now include:
Mono
Reunion blues
Igig
Roadrunner (cheapest by far)

cubistguitar

I have a Protec deluxe double guitar gig bag that is just great for the money. Paid like a $100 bucks. They are "unavailable" many places, but I see overstock.com has them for $56.95 free shipping. Would love a MONO bag, but that is a luxury to me when it has a $230-270 price diff from a seriously great product that I have enjoyed very much. Very convenient and solid design, huge front pouch, nice little headstock pouch too. I'm slinging 2 strats in mine, i would not put an archtop in any of these designs, not even MONOs.

I haven't tried that roadrunner, but it seems odd. It looks like two gig bags back to back with the side handle only attached to one bag, I think this is poor design and the reviews prove it. No way that design will make since for two gibby headstocks.

MilwMark

I often bring just a Tele and my lap steel to gigs. So I was just using a double guitar gig bag. One thing to keep in mind - the headstock protection/reinforcement is in the wrong place for the lap steel. So after awhile I noticed that the tuners/sting ends on my lap steel were tearing up the liner of the bag.

Solution - in true TGP fashion - now I bring TWO Teles to shows in the double gig-bag and the lap steel in a separate soft case, unless we have roadies that day, then all hard cases . . .

devonteran

I'm definitely planning on usually two teles and a lap steel separate. One of my teles has a bender. The other is an original 72 custom, so they end up covering different ground.

It looks like the protec is discontinued and overstock just has the single. I'm hoping I'm wrong though.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
Attitude doubl;e bag by Rondo. It's a no frills but it works great, is durable and protects your axes reasonably well. I have had mine for like 5 years now using it every weekend and it is just starting to look a little worn. I have an M80 single too which is really nice if you want to spend $300 on a bag. The Attitude is $50. ;)

http://www.rondomusic.com/product5642.html

Delayed Delay

That's the one I have. Like I said, works great but Les Pauls don't quite fit perfectly. They fit though, just not as well as I'd like.
Hmmm... my 2012 Standard fits quite nicely. I guess I could see how you would say that because of the angle of the headstock, but it works quite well for me.

td2243

I had a Levy's and it was fantastic. Two separate 'chambers' for the guitars, not just a cloth flap between them. It served me for a long time with zero issues.

Mark Robinson

Platinum Supporting Member
I bought an affordable one from Gary at the Amp Shop years ago, it was 75.00 or so. It's been a godsend and a workhorse. I got another, a Fender, earlier this year and it's a piece of shite, about as many corners cut as possible. The reunion blues double is a great one, but damn expensive.

Delayed Delay

Is there any neck support in either the gator or the rondo?
The Gator has excellent neck support, but no strap. However, I've never needed it.

Just for reference...

I have a $2,000 Gibson Les Paul and a $2,000 G&L custom ASAT... And I had absolutely no issues transporting them in the Gator case in the back of a 26 foot UHaul 1,400 miles across the country - guitars were completely untouched in spite of a bunch of our stuff crashing down around my gear.

Pickaxe

I have an Access double. Before that a Mooradian double for nearly twenty years. Hauling two strats or strat and tele.

The Access has two zippers and completely separate pockets, padded shoulder straps, and extra pockets. I like it pretty well.

Blakemore

Silver Supporting Member
I use a Gator Pro Go 2x dual case and I love it. I fly with it and travel with it in bus bays and trailers. A terrific case

Trending Topics