"Double Hump" new plug-ins inspired tune and BT

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by journo, Jun 2, 2005.

1. journo

journo Member

Hi,

I just gor two absolutely wonderful plug-ins. This is the first time for a very long time I've been really excited about any music product. And now it's software. Wow!

The plug-ins in question are Camel Phat 3 and Camel Space from Camel Audio.
    They both mangle your audio in a pleasant way and if you go wild you will get some very cool "unpleasant" and "ugly" sounds as well. Everything I have tried has been usable in some context or other.

This tune is called Double Hump and it's not a dirty tune. The title comes from a camel having two humps and I got two plug-ins so I think it's an appropriate title.

The tune grew out of a clean guitar take that I ran through Camel Space. Then I tried another preset and that was cool too. Then I found another preset that I really liked and then a fourth so I just put four copies of the same guitar take and used four different Camel Space presets. Each preset increased the energy in the take for every version I tried so the song grew almost on its own. :D
    In the background there is a plain synth pad. The underlying groove is some Stylus RMX loops I combined and put through Camel Phat 3 to give it some more "attitude".

When I needed a break I used some different chord, intensified the drums (NI Battery 2) and put some distorted guitars over it. I wanted some wierdness here so I put a dirty guitar part through Camel Phat 3 and screwed it up quite heavily.

All guitar tracks were recorded using my Suhr Classic with three V60LP single coils. Love that guitar. :)

Please note that all sounds apart from the flat synth pad and percussion/drums come from the guitar tracks. To give you an idea how these plug-ins sound and what they do I rendered a few examples for you. The full song and BT is at the end of this post. The backing track is interesting as you hear what the plug-ins do in context.

http://www.beggat.com/uploads/Double Hump/Double Hump BT 050602.mp3

First Stylus percussion:
    Percussion No Phat
    Percussion and Camel Phat 3

Clean guitar (please note that all effected tracks use the same original):
    Clean Guitar
    Guitar Camel Space 1
    Guitar Camel Space 2
    Guitar Camel Space 3
    Guitar Camel Space 4

Distorted guitar from the middle section:
    Distorted guitar no plug-in
    Distorted guitar and Camel Phat 3

Here is the tune:
    Double Hump

And finally the backing track:
    Double Hump Backing Track

Sorry about the lengty post. Hope you enjoy the tune!

Cheers,

Mats N

2. glynn

glynn Member

Cool as always! Reminds me a bit of CP satch, and that's a good thing in my book.

3. journo

journo Member

Hi Glynn,

Thanks for listening. Sorry if I'm dense but who/what is CP satch?

Cheers,

Mats N

4. glynn

glynn Member