1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Double Muff Opinions?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by echobaseone, Feb 18, 2009.

1. echobaseone

echobaseone Member

I know it's not a Big Muff, I'm already covered there...but I'm looking for a good zippy overdriven sound. Mainly for slashing chords and rhythm work, as I love the BMP sound for leads.
    I'd like to hear some opinions on the Double Muff. Thanks folks!

2. thetangmang

thetangmang Member

Not bad at all. Very versatile and cheap. Definitely one of the more obscure OD's.

3. sub rosa

sub rosa Member

Worth it. For the price a no brainer. It does get fuzzy, despite come comments. I think of it more of a fuzz than an overdrive to be honest - and I never use the single muff mode.

4. thetangmang

thetangmang Member

5. Belmont

Belmont Member

this is a unique pedal, I can't think of anything that sounds like it.
    EH hit one way outa the park with this one, it absolutely rules for solos with a strat, makes the single coil pups sound fat like HB's. as far as a rhythm pedal for slashing chords:dunno you'd just have to try it.

6. echobaseone

echobaseone Member

Thanks for the help guys.

7. soopajeanmi

soopajeanmi Member

It's a *fuzz*.

And it cleans up like the best of them (I also own a MJM London fuzz and a fuzzfactory).

8. VA_siCkBoy

VA_siCkBoy Silver Supporting Member

Weird....I was just looking at this pedal on MF and then I come over here and there's a thread about it right on top. Think I might try one out for myself.

9. cjs42079

cjs42079 Member

What is also weird is that everyone here like this pedal so far. I have had one for a few years and can't really bond with it. I feel like it's a very harsh pedal. I sometimes liked the muff 1 setting, but still felt that it was a bit to treble-y and hard to dial in a nice warm tone. Mine's been collecting dust for a few months now.

10. ptdesign

ptdesign Handmade sonic art

It's a little mushy in the low end. It borders distortion and fuzz. Super moddable (makes a very cool feedback looper)

When used in single mode, check out how the muff two volume affects the tone as you turn it. Fun box for the money, pretty good at pushing a amp that's breaking up in single mode.

11. IAE

IAE Member

Not exactly, it contains two muff fuzz overdrive circuits and when you you run them together its kinda like half a big muff.

12. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Not a bad sounding pedal from the PGS demo. I wish they came out with an XO or Nano size instead of the small wedge though.