• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Double Muff???? please help

Swagger

I'm interested in a E H Double Muff, I know it's more of an overdrive/fuzz like than most fuzz pedals but I was wondering if it needs to first in my signal chain ie. before a wah like other fuzz pedals or can it be placed like an overdrive? Please help.

sub rosa

Yes - it needs to be first in your signal chain to function correctly. It sounds thin and nasty if there is a buffer or some other effect on before it.

charmboy

Yes - it needs to be first in your signal chain to function correctly. It sounds thin and nasty if there is a buffer or some other effect on before it.
+1, I had one for a while and it sounded pretty thin after a tu-2, but thickened up nicely when I moved it earlier. Pretty cool little pedal. Surprised it doesn't get more attention around these parts.

sub rosa

The problem is the manual mentions nothing about the pedal needing to be first in line - I suspect a few units will have been returned or passed on because of this. Otherwise its a nice sounding pedal.

charmboy

This is the case with most fuzz circuits though... I actually didn't hate mine after the tuner until I backed off the guitar volume a bit... then it got a bit ice picky. Moving the tuner (my only buffer at the time) later in the chain was a huge improvement though.

wildschwein

This is a great pedal that very few seem to know or care about. It's amazing how many sounds and textures you can get out of it, especially in double mode. In a long FX chain, I've got good tones running it after my volume pedal (Boss FV 50H) but I always put it before everything else; especially wahs and compressors. IMO it works best to push an already dirty, or on the edge amp - using it on top of a bright, Fendery, crystal-clean tone doesn't always yield the best results. Get one and enjoy; I love mine - it's like a distortion an OD and a hi-fi fuzz all in one box.

goodhonk

just picked up my second one; i gave the first one away. it's my only dirt pedal and it can cover a light od to nice fuzz, and it cleans up very well; but like everyone else says, it must be first in line.

ungarn

Mine is a blast to play...put it first in line, or for more insanity use a boost or drive in front to really bring the noise...

Trending Topics