Double Rainbow

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Normster, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Normster

Normster Member

Typical of the sleep-inducing crap I usually post. lol

Here's a not-so-well-known tune from Jobim called "Double Rainbow." Backing created in Band-in-a-Box and dressed up a little in Cakewalk. I may have screwed up a little on the chords, but I think they're pretty close.

I'm still working on this so there's a few timing issues and no embellishment:
    Double Rainbow as bastardized by Norm

Just in case you're in a Jobim state of mind, here's the backing:
    Double Rainbow Backing Track

For the gear curious, this was my Ibanez Artcore AS83 played through a Pignose G60VR with a touch of delay added from an Arion Digital Delay. (Yeah, I know, I'm a cheap bastige.)

2. Dave35

Dave35 Member

That is great! Had it playing steady for 10 minutes now :)

<yawn> i think i need a nap.....hehe j/k....great tune.

3. Normster

Normster Member

Thanks, Dave! Hell, I almost fell asleep playing it!!!

4. sergv

sergv Member

Normster, you are the laid back lounge lizard king, baby! ha ha ;) Nice tone and easy going phrasing which suits the track very well, very relaxing.

5. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Supporting Member

Very, very nice. I love the tone I really enjoyed the approach. There are a couple of spots where it seems to fall out of the groove, but most of it is jut spot on. You did justice to a wonderful piece of music.

6. Normster

Normster Member

Believe it or not, THANKS Serg! I played in a trio for awhile that did lounge music. When a friend suggested the name "Cheezy Lounge Act" everyone got offended but me. lol

eBay, if I was in Spokane, I'd take you up on the offer. Thanks for the listen.

Jim, I was pretty shakey with this take. I heard the song about ten years ago and instantly fell in love with it. Finally got around to learning it after seeing the chords posted on the net. I'm going to keep working on it until I get it "right." Any chance you could do a take?