• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Doubles of any pedals?

Modulator

What doubles of pedals do you guys have?
What do you actually use two of the same pedal instead of keeping one in a box?

I just bought the 1st pedal that will be a double of something I already have. Keeley GC-2 in paisley. Using one as a limiter that I liked enough to buy a 2nd one for my other board.

Fulldrive-1

I have a Pinnacle on the board for solo sound. I have another stand-alone one. The latter I keep around because if I just want to grab guitar, combo and one pedal and go someplace, that's the one.

SA Nemesis - Wanted all the delay engines mapped, not just the stock ones.
ScreaminFX Uverbia - Using the second one for stereo recording.

I've got two TS9s that I stack. And then two variations of Mr. Black Shephard's End TZ Flanger - standard and sub-zero editions.

fieldsroyal

I run two Proanalog dual drives into an ac30 - one set for low gain the second set higher - stacked for high gain tones

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
i have 2x HeXe reVolver pedals in my normal setup; usually, they're right in-line w/each other (directly following gtr>fuzz>buffer>reVolvers), but sometimes i'll move one of 'em to the very back of the longer signal chain.

Last edited:

insucedible

My small grab and go board is essentially made of doubles of the main board:

Hotone soul press
Zvex double rock
MXR Phase 99
Zvex fuzzolo
Moose Elec Lady
Dawner Starla
Way Huge Supa Puss

I love these so much I even think of buying a third to stock!

russintexas

Two Ts9 (for stacking) (and a ts mini)
Two Tr2, one with an expression pedal mod
Two DD3s, one was a bonus on a package deal of used pedals
Two DS1s, one is black.

I could make a usable board of just dupes.

Digitech Bad Monkey - one for each of my amp setups, because IMO it's the best OD bang for the buck ever made.

Cheers
TRJB

e-flat

Silver Supporting Member
I've run two Honey Bee ODs before. Awesome combo.

I currently have 2 Hotcakes, but one is an actual Crowther Hotcake and the other is a circuit I built so I could have the old original version of the Hotcake which Paul developed in the 70s (with the LM741 opamp). They sound great together, but I don't always run 2 on the board!

lemonman

Silver Supporting Member
I used to run two DLS MkIIIs, one in each mode, but I recently traded one of them. I use SB mode the majority of the time, but started preferring a RAH instead of the SL mode when I wanted a higher gain option. We'll see if that lasts...

I used to have two Eternity Bursts, sold the HW one because I actually liked my SMD one better...

Right now I have a Tim and a Timmy on my board because I just got the tim and haven't taken the timmy off yet

hotrats73

Silver Supporting Member
I have 2 mooer pure boost in my all mooer small board: one before dirt, one in last postition.

Modulator

Seems it's more common than I thought. Other pedals I've thought about getting multiples but cost stops me are the CT5, Empress EQ, Particle, and Geiger Counter. Mainly pedals with lots of control with no way of storing presets. Can't even begin to think about how many cool sounds I heard in the GC are lost forever.

i have 2x HeXe reVolver pedals in my normal setup; usually, they're right in-line w/each other (directly following gtr>fuzz>buffer>reVolvers), but sometimes i'll move one of 'em to the very back of the longer signal chain.
I was like, "Who the heck would/could have two of these beasts on their normal setup?!" Then I looked to the left saw Mr. Torn's name, and it all made sense and the world was as it should be, I'm on the list for one now. :)

I currently have 2 Hotcakes, but one is an actual Crowther Hotcake and the other is a circuit I built so I could have the old original version of the Hotcake which Paul developed in the 70s (with the LM741 opamp). They sound great together, but I don't always run 2 on the board!
I have a newer Hotcake, and every time I see the Double HC, I get an itch. But after a thread I posted, now think 2 seperate ones is better. You got me thinking again. Was the one you built a kit or kist from a schematic? Very curious, maybe I could DIY away some gas.

I have a newer Hotcake, and every time I see the Double HC, I get an itch. But after a thread I posted, now think 2 seperate ones is better. You got me thinking again. Was the one you built a kit or kist from a schematic? Very curious, maybe I could DIY away some gas.
I have an itch for the double hotcake despite having two hotcakes. Why would two separate be better? I've been tossing around the idea of selling both of mine to fund the double but I'm uncertain how much of a change that extra drive control and low-end cut with both engaged would be for me.

ColonelForbin

What doubles of pedals do you guys have?
What do you actually use two of the same pedal instead of keeping one in a box?

I just bought the 1st pedal that will be a double of something I already have. Keeley GC-2 in paisley. Using one as a limiter that I liked enough to buy a 2nd one for my other board.
Nice! I can see that; I'm loving the GC-2 on my board, it's killer. I have it near the middle after all the main dirt pedals, does a great job bringing everything together. It also lets me easily balance the volume levels of everything going to the limiter, with the levels of pedals after the limiter..

As for two of any pedals, none for me - but of all the pedals on my board, I could actually see using two Timmy pedals. I've got mine near the end of the chain, after the GC-2, and set more like a clean boost / fattener. But I could also see running one earlier in the chain before the limiter, with the gain cranked up and the eq cuts set in a different way.

e-flat

Silver Supporting Member
I built mine from scratch based on a schematic. I like to fabricate my own boards, do my own powdercoating, etc. There are several layouts online if you are into building pedals. I always support builders when possible, but when there's something that's no longer made I usually just build one. I have owned a '91 "mid lift" Hotcake, and the one I built recently sounds about the same.
I'd say the early LM741 Hotcake circuit is a little better at low gain, for my tastes. Sounds terrific, actually... It has a very subtle transition into breakup, and if you like "Fuzz Face with the volume rolled back" sounds, you'd dig it. The early circuit doesn't hold together for high gain stuff.... I actually really like how loose & fuzzy it is when cranked, but the newer Hotcake circuit stays more focused in the medium-to-high gain range....up until it slips into fuzz territory.
I have an itch for the double hotcake despite having two hotcakes. Why would two separate be better? I've been tossing around the idea of selling both of mine to fund the double but I'm uncertain how much of a change that extra drive control and low-end cut with both engaged would be for me.
I've often wondered about the Double too. It's one of those things I'll just have to try some day!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom