• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Doubling down on the vintage pre-amp in Pod HD patches

Jim Soloway

Running through my 1x12 guitar cab I found that my flip top patch didn't have quite as much "life" as I was able to get through the FRFR cab. I've modified the patch to optimize to for the guitar cab but it was still missing a bit of something. I was already running the vintage pre-amp, an easy way to add a bit of life to a patch but this morning I tried adding a second vintage pre-amp just to see what it would do. The difference was quite dramatic, especially in the high end. A bit more sparkle and body but the difference was really obvious.

meambobbo

I've recently taken a liking to it to really draw out more crisp highs from the tone, eliminating that blanket over the cab sound. I find it essential now for my EVH patches and a few others. Never thought about doubling them.
*MIND BLOWN*

JackJordan

This may sound dumb, but what is the vintage pre-amp? I'm looking throught the model gallery instructions, and can't find it...

:hide

Will Chen

Platinum Supporting Member
This may sound dumb, but what is the vintage pre-amp? I'm looking throught the model gallery instructions, and can't find it...

:hide
It was added with the 2.0 HD500 update and is grouped with the EQs on the HD500.

Jim Soloway

What does the routing on that look like?
I have them one right after the other. The whole chain goes bias trem, amp, mixer, studio Eq, Vintage Preamp, Vintage Preamp, Spring Reverb.

I should also note that I have both of the vintage pre's set identically but I think there might be some interesting possibilities programing them a bit different. I'll probably try that at some point.

jmtaylor22

Try also putting in the echoplex with the delay mix all the way off before the amp. It works like an EP boost type pedal and I thought that added a bit of sparkle to the cleans as well when I had an HD.

Trending Topics