Doug Seven is the Man!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by newb3fan, Mar 2, 2012.

1. newb3fan

newb3fan Member

I bought his "habitual techniques" lesson a bit ago b/c I've always wanted to have some better hybrid picking and country style and I really like Brad Paisley's stuff. The video lessons are great and I've immediately been able to apply the concepts to my soloing as well as cop some of the licks straight off the video. It's really good stuff.

But then a week ago I get an email from Doug asking for my feedback. Now I'm sure I'm not the first customer that has ever been solicited for feedback to make his lessons better for the future. So I gave it thinking - "that was cool". The kicker is he replies back to me thanking me for my kindness and suggestions. I just think that it's going the extra mile for a pro player like him to take the time out to respond to an email like that.

Doug - thank you man for what you do and you've got a fan and a customer for life, brother.

2. Rockledge

Rockledge Member

I haven't met him but I know a lot of people and have family members that know him, and they all speak very highly of him. I have seen footage of him play, man anyone who likes chicken pickin that hasn't seen this guy play is missing out.

3. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

He's a great player! I've thought about buying some of his lessons. Good to know it's quality stuff and that he's a quality guy!

4. Road King

Road King Supporting Member

I've bought a few of his lesson video's and they are all great!! Good teacher and provides tabs and backing tracks with everything. Plus free lessons emailed to you periodically. I highly recommend you check this guy out.

But HERE'S the killer. Check out his equipment/ tone video. (available free on his website) VERY unTGP. It brought me back to reality as far as what I've spent on boutique stuff. I got all "inspired" and sold off a bunch of stuff and replaced it with everyday type stuff. Love my tone!! AND I had enough money left over from the sales to buy some stuff I've wanted for a long time. Like things to help improve my understanding of the instrument and improve my playing.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Another thumbs up for Doug. OP, your stuff on Vanderbilly ain't bad, either.

6. tdarian

tdarian Gold Supporting Member

7. Road King

Road King Supporting Member

sizzlingguitarlicks.com

8. newb3fan

newb3fan Member

Thank you sir - I appreciate that a lot. Just doing my humble little thing along with so many players that are so much more talented than I am. All the best!

9. gillman royce

gillman royce Member

REally good teacher - recommend his stuff

10. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

Great teacher and great player. He's actually pretty funny, too, but I don't know if it's intentional. His rambling can get to be a bit much, but it's just part of the fun. His "Twelve licks of Christmas" series was pretty Killer.

11. JEDAMP

JEDAMP Member

If you're looking for effective chicken pickin instruction, Doug seven has extremely comprehensive and FUN down to earth methods available. Doug also gives back to the community, and does charitable works to help out meaningful causes. I have found his approach to personable, and relevant not only to teaching guitar, but also in living as a conscious musician who is always focused on the positive benefits of music.

12. fwguitar

fwguitar Member

I don't know him but he should start a band with John 5...

13. spamsponge

spamsponge Member

You could call the band "Adds to 12" and have them endorse divided by 13 amps...
    :mob

14. Anthony Gring

Anthony Gring Silver Supporting Member

I agree, he's a good dude, great player and great teacher. Cops great tone with everyday gear. I bought a big pkg. DVD lesson series.

My problem is I have not yet made the time to sit down and git learnin on it.

They sit beckoning in my bookcase.

Lord, I'm lame......

15. fusion58

fusion58 Member

Bought the DVDs a long time ago.

Great stuff! :aok