Sold Down Brownie™ 6G3 Brown Deluxe From Cutthroat Audio

Ron W

Cable Guy
Platinum Supporting Member
Down Brownie™ is a faithful recreation of the revered Brown Deluxe 6G3 from Cutthroat Audio. Not a kit, and not your father's 6G3, as the saying goes (well, sort of).

This old-school build "mini-Marshall" has a British and Brown channel, Mercury Magnetics iron, Weber Alnico 12A125-S, Rich II Mod PPIMV, push/pull pots for channel "jumpering" and bright cap "lift", switchable tube/SS rectifier, switchable 6G3/5E3/JTM45 negative feedback, 4/8/16 ohm selectors and adjustable bias trim pot.

A full and complete description of the Down Brownie™ is here. $1995 + shipping, fully equipped.

Lead times are typically 4-6 weeks LEAD TIME RIGHT NOW ABOUT 2 WEEKS, give me a shout before the Spring push kicks in :)

Check out this killer demo by Keith Nelson; this one really rocks:

More audio clips here:

Also listed in the Commercial Amps & Cabs Emporium.

Check out the new SFZ Prism/112™ Speaker Cab from Cutthroat Audio

Check out the Down Brownie™ 6G3 Brown Deluxe from Cutthroat Audio

https://cutthroataudio.com

Last edited:

Oatie

Ron, Your builds are world class. Right up there with Lupe.

Attention to detail, even the brass stock under the input's.

You can't build these fast enough.
Congratulations on a winning design.

Oatie

Mitch Roberts

Silver Supporting Member
Incredibly impressive build quality. I wish I had the $$ for one of these. I have personal experience with a Brown Deluxe and they do sound like a Marshall when cranked. Sweet when held back.

Ron W

Cable Guy
Ron, Your builds are world class. Right up there with Lupe.

Attention to detail, even the brass stock under the input's.

You can't build these fast enough.
Congratulations on a winning design.

Oatie
Incredibly impressive build quality. I wish I had the $$ for one of these. I have personal experience with a Brown Deluxe and they do sound like a Marshall when cranked. Sweet when held back.
Thank you fellas; I appreciate the kind words.

Ron W

Cable Guy
Late winter lull right now; lead time is only about 2 weeks. Give me a shout if you've been on the fence before things pick up in the Spring!

JK1965

Gold Supporting Member
I can attest to all of the praise here. Have one in blonde (avatar) and it flat out kills!!

Played old school metal and hard rock on it last week with some old friends. Had a 335 plugged straight in and it was glorious!! Nobody could believe the tone coming out of this amp!!

Wanna just play some grab and go blues? This and just a guitar is all you'll need.

Cannot say enough great things about this amp and Ron to do them justice.

Trending Topics