• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Download my band's album for free!

Hey guys! My band, Jupiter, has put up our album available for FLAC download through our bandcamp site for 'Name Your Own Price'.

Feel free to download it for free and if you like it, share it with some friends.

Any feedback regarding what you liked/disliked about the album is appreciate.

A little background on the album.

We did all the drums in 1 day at a studio in Rancho Palos Verdes with a guy named Bob Harty, at Cat Beach Studios. Then we borrowed an SM57, a modded Audio Technica LDC, a Neuman U87 and two neve channels strips from Jeff Dykhouse (who mastered the album, as well). We then ran it through our Mbox 2 using pro tools LE. We borrowed some foam and turned one bedroom in our house into a 'guitar amp room' and another bedroom into our acoustic and vocals room. We made our vocal booth with some really high technology. There are these new things called mattresses, so we turned some horizontally to make the booth happen.

After tracking the album was mixed by Dan Strain (of Danocaster guitars) who did an amazing job. After that, it was mastered by Jeff Dykhouse, who also did a fantastic job.

Big thanks to Dan Strain for connecting us with Jeff and Bob.

Hope you enjoy the album and can't wait to hear your opinions!

http://jupitertheband.bandcamp.com/

Just click 'Buy Now' beneath where it says digital album.

Last edited:
Soda, thanks a lot. Really appreciate it. At this point were just trying to get the word out and hoping peoe.like it when they gear it. Thanks a lot for taking the time to listen. If you have any friends you think would dig it, please share it with them as well.

78deluxe

I listened to pretty much the whole thing (office with Sennheiser cans on). Skipped a track or two.

I enjoyed it. Nice tasteful playing, simple songs, well done.

Nice to hear the use of high tech and low tech. Turned out quite well from what I can tell.

Will send the link to others.

Thanks for sharing the music!

(and nice Freudian slip "At this point were just trying to get the word out and hoping peoe.like it when they gear it. ")

Nice intersting use of what I assume is a POG/Micro Pog/Whammy upper octave on "Where Do You Go"

playsarobin

Results. Not excuses.
Downloaded it!.. I dug the first track quite a bit so I'll try to give it a good listen with the cans over the next couple days.

I know a couple people who may enjoy this one too so I'll pass it along.

LPSlinger

Listened to a few clips and it sounds really good. Downloading now. The guitar tones sound great...will definitely give it a few spins with cans on rather than my crappy laptop speakers.

Thanks for sharing and good luck!

I listened to pretty much the whole thing (office with Sennheiser cans on). Skipped a track or two.

I enjoyed it. Nice tasteful playing, simple songs, well done.

Nice to hear the use of high tech and low tech. Turned out quite well from what I can tell.

Will send the link to others.

Thanks for sharing the music!

(and nice Freudian slip "At this point were just trying to get the word out and hoping peoe.like it when they gear it. ")

Nice intersting use of what I assume is a POG/Micro Pog/Whammy upper octave on "Where Do You Go"
Haha Freudian slip is right!

On the track "Where Do You Go", you nailed the effect, and we got it through a Eventide PitchFactor.

In case anybody was wondering every guitar was mic-ed with an SM57. 95% of the guitar tracks were done with a 65 Fender Tremolux and a Fargen Mighty-Plex. Other amps used sparingly were Victoria Tweed Champ and Vox AC15 Heritage.

Guitars were a Danocaster Tele loaded with Fred Stuarts. Vintage Hagstrom Swede with RS tone kit upgrade and Wolfetone DRV's, American Strat with Fralin Vintage Hots and a Vintage all original Guild Starfire with Bigsby.

Thanks to everybody who has downloaded it so far, and extremely grateful for passing it along to anybody.

Very nice! Great sounding album. Thanks for the music. It's nice to get free (but actually good) music. Gonna play that for my wife later as well as I know she'll dig it.

Very nice! Great sounding album. Thanks for the music. It's nice to get free (but actually good) music. Gonna play that for my wife later as well as I know she'll dig it.
thanks very much! I appreciate it! Hope your wife enjoys the album as well. If anybody has any questions at all about sounds, or pedals or anything I'd be happy to answer

Well my wife likes the 2 tracks I've played for her so far. We're gonna burn a disc of your album and take it with to listen to on our trip to Seattle this weekend. You guys really have a great, 'current' sound. :)

wire-n-wood

Silver Supporting Member
Hey guys! My band, Jupiter, has put up our album available for FLAC download through our bandcamp site for 'Name Your Own Price'.

Feel free to download it for free and if you like it, share it with some friends.
Thanks! Great album. As soon as I heard a sample clip on the site I went ahead and bought. (I put in a buck, 'cause I couldn't bear to take advantage of "name your price". Still, even a dollar is a bit cheap... sorry.) But great sound there!

Thanks! Great album. As soon as I heard a sample clip on the site I went ahead and bought. (I put in a buck, 'cause I couldn't bear to take advantage of "name your price". Still, even a dollar is a bit cheap... sorry.) But great sound there!
Thanks so much! Really at this point, we are just encouraging to listen. If people decide that they like it, the best thing that could happen is they share it with their friends. Maybe they'll like it enough to see us on tour or something like that.

Glad you enjoy the music and we really appreciate you taking the time to listen!

Hope you enjoy the album on your car ride to Seattle! Love that city, just played up there in January. Gonna be back in April

MES10

Hey Silencer Eleven, I'm really enjoying the songs- thank you!

Typically when someone says "hey, check out my band", it's usually Bro-Rock. Not that there is anything wrong with Bro-Rock, but it isn't my cup of tea. Your stuff is a breath of fresh air. Keep up the good work!

MES10,

thanks a lot. Yes, I always have to remind myself that music is subjective and to each their own when I hear Bro-Rock. I'm glad you like the music and I appreciate your kind words.

We'll come up to see you guys in April. I guess I can just follow your schedule on Facebook?

Facebook will have the gigs, yes. Also if you downloaded the album we put you on the mailing list, so you'll get it there. We dont send out much mail, mostly just show schedules and the ocassional update.

jape

Downloaded & listening to the first few songs - I like!

Bumping back up to the top for a bit more exposure.

chrisrocksusa

To be very honest, I expected it to suck.

it actually rocks, bro. Great job on this, and thanks for the few music :bonk

Trending Topics

Top Bottom