1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

downsizing question.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dani, Feb 4, 2012.

1. dani

dani Member

i am downsizing my pedalboard due to a bad back and decided to include effects i use most often which is delay, chorus, reverb, phaser, two drives (one high gain and one low gain) and of course a tuner.

more or less decided on what pedals to get and they are:

tce flashback (owned one but sold due to lack of tap tempo)
    tce hall of fame
    tce corona

they will be added to a mojohand nebula, catalinbread the silver kiss, amptweaker tight rock and a turbo tuner which i own.

lately, i was toying with the idea of incorporating a tc nova system with just the tight rock and turbo tuner. i do know that i can't have the phaser and chorus at the same time and i am hoping the drive section can get close to the low gain chime of the silver kiss. of course, i do have the option of additional effects from the nova system.

so question is, should i go with individual pedals or a board with the nova system? bear in mind i haven't heard the nova system so any comparison in tone will be much appreciated.

do let the critique begin. :munch

thanks,
    dani

2. jkokura

jkokura Member

I personally like the flexibility of individual pedals. Just my personal opinion.

Jacob

3. teleclem

teleclem Member

What are you downsizing from?

When I think of downsizing.. I think of mini/nano boards, not Nova Systems :)

4. Bar-B-Kill

Bar-B-Kill Member

It sounds like in the end your adding to your arsenal. :bonk