1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

DOYLE BRAMHALL II is a very underrated singer

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by SW33THAND5, May 16, 2011.

1. SW33THAND5

SW33THAND5 Member

he gets a lot of attention for his writing (has written for clapton and many others) and his guitar work (with the arc angels, solo, and his various sideman projects with roger waters, clapton, etc) but i don't hear a lot about his singing.

i like the fact that his voice is very SOULFUL and most of all its very distinctive and unique. he sounds like him!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CHyde

CHyde Member

DB II is one of my absolute favorite artists! PERIOD!!! He's got it all, singing, guitar playing, and songwriting! I can listen to him all day long. You're right too about his soul. It's running out of his ears!

3. fusionbear

fusionbear exquirentibus veritatem Gold Supporting Member

Big fan of his singing too! Ironically, my wife can't stand his voice...... :(

4. thewhit

thewhit Silver Supporting Member

Personally I've always liked his singing and for that matter his dad has a heck of a voice which is probably where II got his pipes.

I liked DB II"s singing on the Double Trouble Album a lot.

5. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I love his voice.

6. LP Deluxe

LP Deluxe Member

One of my favorite my vocalists! Just wish he'd come out with another solo album...it's been too long...

7. SteveGaines

SteveGaines Member

Dude, It's just something they all drink when they are babies down in Texas...Think about all the great guitar players from Texas...Freddie King, Johnny Winter, Billy Gibbons, Stevie Ray, etc.. they all got that "SOUL" in their voice....Something in the water down there I do believe..

8. Rumblur

Rumblur Member

His singing is great, but his guitar playing.... I was sick when I found out that the good solos on the Arc Angels CD were actually Charlie Sexton. DB2 hasnt hit a lick that turned me on yet, although I've followed him since he was 2nd guitar with the T-Birds.

He has the best pedigree in music though - as close to a "son" for SRV as we will ever get.

9. stupidmunkey214

stupidmunkey214 Member

Not even one of these?

10. GAT

Wow, I think he is a great and unique player. :huh Check out Thin Dream, amazing extended solo. BTW, I own the Marshall that he recorded that song on. ;)

11. Blanket Jackson

Blanket Jackson ¿Qué Hiciste? Silver Supporting Member

Doyle is an underrated everything
    In a world where talent is honored over looks and gimmicks, Doyle would be running a country or something.

12. Crimson Queen

Crimson Queen Member

Same thing for me. I work in front of a computer all day and will often listen to his three solo albums in a row.

13. SouthernShred

SouthernShred Silver Supporting Member

Doyle is the real deal...love what he does

14. mountain blues

mountain blues Member

I'm in - I love Doyle's voice and style of singing. Unique, soulful, perfect for his music.

15. GAT

BTW, I've done a show with Arc Angels and I've talked to Doyle on the phone a couple times. He is a super nice, mellow guy. He never over plays or over sings, hence he is underrated but super talented.

16. fjblair

fjblair Silver Supporting Member

Love his work with the Arc Angels.

17. buddatron

buddatron Member

He is one of my favorite vocalists. Just found this today pretty F#$king hot!

18. SW33THAND5

SW33THAND5 Member

I saw them a year or two ago at the house of blues in dallas. charlie was absolutely on fire. his guitar playing was much better than i remembered it to be:omg doyle was really off that night. he stepped on the chord of his les paul twice...pulling it out of the guitar in the middle of a song, making a loud noise (what a rookie guitar mistake) he seemed distracted, unfocused (dare i say...high?) but charlie drove it home. it kinda made me sad because i am a really big doyle fan. don't kid yourself, ldon't be surprised that charlie killed on those solos. he's really good. but i will say this about doyle. i love all three of his CDs. i am not a big fan of charlie outside the angels. doyle has a slick and easy way when it comes to solos. but the solo is just *maybe* 20-30 seconds in the middle of a song. doyle is about the song first.

19. Telebluze

Telebluze Gold Supporting Member

Really?? Wow!! Have you ever listened to "Welcome"?

I guess if there's nothing on that record that does it for you, probably nothing will, as far as DBII goes.

Personally, he's one of my "All-Time" favs......he's a monster player, singer, writer!!

20. Steve73

Steve73 Member

Hard to fault Doyle on anything in this performance, from the singing to the playing. Killer groove!