Sold Doyle Coils TRU-CLONES PAF Humbuckers With Aged Nickel - with wiring/parts kit - NEW - LOWER PRICE

Discussion in 'Everything Else Archive' started by lastrat, Apr 18, 2016.

1. lastrat

lastrat Member

Doyle Coils TRU-CLONES PAF Humbuckers With Aged Nickel Covers amd with wiring/parts kit.

I bought several of these pickups a few years ago - these are great pickups - I have them in one of my personal guitars that I built for myself and love them - I am thinning out my inventory and selling 3 sets of Tom's pickups and keeping the rest. I also bought with these pickups wiring/parts kits form Tom - they have the pots, caps, wire. selector switch (new or aged tip included) all that you need for doing a Les Paul style guitar (see picture of kit) - They will be sold with short shaft kits, I do have a couple of long shaft kits, if you need the long shaft kit with the pickups please let me know.

The cost for a set of pickups with a wiring/parts kit is $435.00

The cost for a just a set of pickups is $390.00.

ONLY ONE SET LEFT

This includes PayPal and shipping - sale with shipping is USA only.

Thanks for looking - Larry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  2. lastrat

lastrat Member

I forgot to mention these pickups when I bought them were bought in bulk - so they had no boxes that they came in - All I would do is throw the boxes out - The parts came the same way in bulk these are the same one's used in the assembled wiring harness that is sold for $150 – When I heard the first set Tom had sent I went back an ordered in bulk – I have installed 4 sets in guitars, and have one in a personal guitar – Once these 3 sets are sold I will not be putting any of the other 8 sets up for sale – Tom does have a nice bridge, does not get compressed/mucky – one of the best out there, he is right on top of my preferred pickup winders – I am selling off a few things to fund a wood purchase – can never have enough.

ONLY ONE SET LEFT

Thanks again for looking – if anyone has any interest let me know.

Larry

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  3. Blueswede

Blueswede Gold Supporting Member

I'll take a set of the pickups. And how do I know if I need long or short shafts for the pots?

4. lastrat

lastrat Member

This is from the Gibson Forum for Les Pauls

'77 and later: Long shaft pots.
    Hisorics are all short shaft

From MOJOTONE :

Do I need a long shaft or short shaft pot?

This is a common question we get in regards to Les Paul guitars as they do use both depending on the model. We recommend measuring the threaded portion of the pot you have if at all possible. If the threaded portion is 3/8" long, you need a short shaft potentiometer. If it is 3/4" long you need a long shaft pot. If you are unsure, then just go with a long shaft pot because you can use an extra nut to adjust the length accordingly.

5. lastrat

lastrat Member

Here is a good list for Les Paul pots - which one - short or long

Make & Model Year Shaft
    Gibson

Les Paul Historic- current- Short
    Les Paul (PCB board)- Long
    Les Paul Standard - 1952- 1977- Short
    Les Paul Standard- 1977-current- Long
    Les Paul Custom- 1954-1977- Short
    Les Paul Custom- 1977-current- Long
    Les Paul Deluxe- 1978-current- Long