D'pergo summit

Today I was in the area where fellow TGPer Alex (Tehillah) lives so we brought all our D'pergo guitars together to compare and contrast. This was the first time I've had the opportunity to stand back and watch my guitars being played on stage. Its amazing the difference it makes to sit back and listen from a distance. It also caused me to love my guitars even more so. one specific guitar however showed itself to be an absolute "diamond" of a guitar. That would be the alder shell pink signature limited with the rosewood veneer board. In a larger room It brought out a rich dark tone which such clarity that I just can't stop thinking about. Maybe I like it so much because of its ability to go either a very clean jazz like sound or a great blues overdriven sound. The others that were played all were absolutely wonderful in its own way whether they have a brighter or darker sound. For example, Alex's gold ash signature limited strikes such a balance between chime and warmth that it sounds fantastic whereas mine is a little brighter and chimey.

I have to tip my cap to Stefan. Every guitar is so consistent in great build quality and great tone. They are my favorite guitars

In all there were about 6 D'Pergo guitars there.

Alex_S

6 DPergos at one place? Wow! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I would love to be able to join...

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Isn't anything over $3000 (I think that was the figure that was posted) "overpriced hype"?

Good one @Teleplayer .

LOL!!!!
Well, of course it is (overpriced hype).

Or.....

Is overpriced hype actually more akin to pieces that people think look and sound great.....because they haven't really experienced or had exposure to truly great instruments?

Now THERE'S a conundrum for you.

Tehillah

Yep- was a great time- so many fantastic instruments- would've had one more DP, but I'd already shipped it off to Stefan...I was BLOWN AWAY by STRATSofPLENTY Shell Pink Alder with RW veneer (as was my bandmate)- so luxuriously rich and deeply resonant- excellent instrument- really lookin' forward to Stefan's new creations for me: a semi-hollow Alder Bakersfield Sig. LTD with a RW veneer and a LTD (probably RW veneer and Alder as well). For straight clean chime my DP Sig. LTD. does it for me. I know Mike's Sig. LTD Bakersfield had incredible clarity and tone, tone, TONE- I know there are many, MANY fantastic Builders out there, to be sure, but, for ME, that fundamental D'Pergo tone is unlike anything I ever heard on this planet...vintage or otherwise. My .02.

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
Wow, sounds like an awesome day! As a non-owner, but someone who is keenly interested, I'd love another summit that could allow me to behold these fine instruments in-person!

Tehillah

You fellas take any pictures at the party?
You know I didn't even think to take pics, everyone was just so into the guitars. I wish I did now that you mention it.
Hahahahahaha...so funny, I didn't even think of it either- just being able to get my hands on some world-class instruments other than my own was a fantastic experience- really enjoyed seeing the nuances of each instrument, even though I obviously didn't get to begin to plumb the depths of each instrument. Great time! And each of Stefan's builds, although exceedingly consistent, having that signature D'Pergo 3-D tone, was different in expression and nuance- ALL exceptional and amazing in their own right- a pretty much mind blowing day- seriously amazing-

Shane S

@STRATSofPLENTY and @Tehillah sounds like you guys had an amazing time with the D'Pergos. I wish I was a fly on the wall to experience 6 of Stefan's guitars in one place. I have only played one D'Pergo 6 years ago, I don't even know which model it was but it was an older one and it was the best strat style guitar I have every played. What I remember to this day was how amazing the neck felt... perfect for my hand... Someday I would love to own one or more D'Pergos!

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
Have any of you been to the D'Pergo shop or one of the events in NJ? These are really pricey instruments, but if, in my hands I could feel and hear the superiority, I would not hesitate to justify the purchase.

Have any of you been to the D'Pergo shop or one of the events in NJ? These are really pricey instruments, but if, in my hands I could feel and hear the superiority, I would not hesitate to justify the purchase.
I've been to both. It all happened when I bought an AVC Strat off the emporium. I than called Stefan and he was telling me about his Signature limited line so I made the trip to his shop (it's only a 3 hour drive) once I played them it was game over. I promptly traded the AVC to Stefan towards a sig limited.

The funny thing was I was really apprehensive about buying the AVC for 5k. When I got it I AB'd It with my EJ. The EJ fender sounded dull, and it was my #1 guitar (I owned it for approx 8 years-it was a first year issue) I thought the AVC was the best I've ever played At that point.

57gold

Gold Supporting Member
How about the attendees to the summit individually posting iPhone photos of their instruments?

Join the club.

Tehillah

Same experience for me- I had a prized Strat I A/B'd with my preowned D'Pergo, once I got it...it was game over- my F*****, which, before DP, blew most Strats easily out of the water...but when compared to my LTD with Sig. LTD. appointments, sounded like a tree stump- seriously blew my mind...and I was hooked. I can totally understand people's skepticism- I was a F***** fan-boy, but TRUTH is TRUTH. I happily jettisoned many of my previously-prized instruments to obtain 2 more D'Pergo's...and never looked back. My .02. StratsofPlenty's Anniversary Sig. LTD. seriously messed with me...amazing tones- freakin' amazing- no joke.

Trending Topics