DR Veritas Vs D'Addario NYXL

communarchy

Silver Supporting Member
I like bright strings. Long time DR player, started using NYXL last year and loving them and how long they lasted. Previously I would have ranked DR tite fit as my top sting, with regular D'Addario XL's as no. 2.

Now it looks like DR had come out with a NYXL competitor in their Veritas strings. Even ~3 cheaper. Anyone have any experience with them, even comparing them to NYXL?

playon

Silver Supporting Member
I'd like to hear some reviews of the DR Veritas strings myself -- I've been using the Tite-fits for quite some time now.

playon

Silver Supporting Member
Me too! Anyone tried either the acoustic or electric Veritas sets & would care to comment?

mikoo69

Silver Supporting Member
anyone else use DR Veritas? I was recommended them by a really great tech. Used to use Tite Fits before switching to NYXLs. Gonna try the DR Veritas now.

playon

Silver Supporting Member
I like them a lot, but if you're switching from Tite-Fits, they are higher tension for the same guage, so the first set I bought (11-50) felt a little tight on a 25.5" scale guitar. I put the Veritas 10-46 on a Tele thought they sounded great. Like the Tite-Fits they last a long time.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I love the Veritas strings and use them on all my acoustics. They have a bright but warm sound and last a good long time. Greg at BCR Music turned me on to them a couple of years ago and I have been using them ever since.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom