DR. Z Airbrake owners unite!

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for that info. I'm going to have to pick up another attenuator (an Airbrake or the new Leash maybe), and compare. FYI, the Mini-Mass does have an impedence select switch, so that's not part of the problem.

outtahear

Silver Supporting Member
Lets see,two 25.00 L-Pads and a box = 300.00.Hmmm.....
You forgot a $40 rheostat, rotary switch, Machined aluminum knobs,
Wrinkle black paint, printing for the non-stock enclosures, Jacks, wire, solder, labor, overhead (like actually paying KF for his design).......

Hmmmmmm indeed.;)

scottcw

Low rent hobbyist
Gold Supporting Member
So using the chart Randall posted (great info) what line(s) would I follow if I have a 4 ohm Airbrake and an 8 ohm cab? Thanks.

Dave_C

Hey Randall and All,

Any experience with the Bad Cat Leash? It's been getting great reviews. Does it finally give us what we've been looking for (i.e. transparent continuous attenuation)?

Thanks,
Dave

Nolatone Ampworks

Platinum Supporting Member
Hey Randall and All,

Any experience with the Bad Cat Leash? It's been getting great reviews. Does it finally give us what we've been looking for (i.e. transparent continuous attenuation)?

Thanks,
Dave
I played a Leash comparing to my Airbrake. I couldn't justify the Leash given I already own the Airbrake. However, if I didn't own an attenuator, the leash would be a top contender.

Cheers,

Paul

blueserv

As far as stressing your amp, it seems having the amp set at 16 ohms and using a 16 ohm cab on the first few clicks of the Airbrake would be the worst case, since the amp would be seeing around 10 or 11 ohms?
Wouldn't it be easier on the amp then with a 16 ohm cab to set the amp impedence to 8 ohms if you were only going to attenuate around -1 to -5 dB or so? This get's a little confusing with non conventional settings.

I was always told a slight mismatch was ok if the cab ohms setting was less than the cab, but not the other way around.
My thoughts exactly.

Trending Topics