Dr. Z alert/Paisley on tonight (merged)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by telelion, Dec 22, 2005.

1. telelion

telelion Member

On CMT tonight at midnight(EST so adjust accordingly) Brad is on All Access and plays, discusses, and demos his equipment according to reports I have heard. He always talks gear when given the chance and he always plays phenominally. For those wanting to hear what a true master sounds like with a DR Z and his many Teles here's another chance. Pop the tape in.

2. telelion

telelion Member

At midnight(EST so adjust accordingly) on CMT Brad will be on All Access. I have been told he is great as always and talks gear. Good chance to see the master with his Dr. Z's and his gunslinger attitude always intact. He is always worth taping.

3. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Cool thanx I like BP though I'm not a big Z fan.

Brad is amasing.

4. corgiears

corgiears Member

Think I saw this the other day - he does alot of chatting about DrZ and plays a brand new one in his dressing room. Pretty cool. On a related note, my younger brother is a DJ in PA and he got to hang out with Brad a few weeks ago. Said he was the nicest guy he's ever met. Pretty cool.
    :AOK

5. jimmybcool

jimmybcool Supporting Member

THANKS telelion. I got the DVR programmed since I can't watch tonight. But I shall watch when I get back.

6. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

Damn! Just when I need TIVO.

7. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

Cool....just checked my cable, which doesn't have this on till midnight pst. Don't have ability to record it....:(

8. ButchR

ButchR Komet Player Gold Supporting Member

Thanks, I'll have to catch it!

9. mprvise

mprvise Member

Watching it now. Sweet!!!! Thanks for the tip!!!

10. fakeox

fakeox Member

11. OLIE J

OLIE J Member

Thanks telelion! I missed it the first couple of times it aired, but caught it tonight after seeing your post.

12. pepi

pepi Member

Interesting show on CMT. I noticed the Dr Z he was showing off in the dressing room only had two knobs on the front but looked like 4 power tubes in the back. Wonder what one that is? I thought it may be a CG with 4 power tubes?

13. MikeS

MikeS Member

I think... Mazerati. It was bringing the rawk, that's for sure!!!! :dude

14. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

i was under the impression it was the new stingray??? either way it sounded amazing. it just said "z amp" on it

15. telelion

telelion Member

I'm starting to think he is the Eric Johnson of country even though he can do a lot more than country. EJ in terms of perfection of sound and technique. I just like the fact that a frontman/singer songwriter who is literally a virtuoso has in your face guitar solos for virtually every song. I can't off-hand think of anyone in guitar history who has that as part of their "act." Blues players aren't "virtuosos." This guy everytime he appears anywhere, which is often these days on TV brings it and has ungodly flawless execution. I'm really glad the guitar world has begun to realize a new major force is here and that BP is out to promote great musicianship with his band and his playing. That's his "gimmick" and he makes no bones about it. It's almost country/fusion his songs are so complex with all the figures, accents, and nuances. His live DVD has many extras, all talking music/gear and none of the side interests of the CMT show. Many of the greatest Nashville cats like James Burton, John Jorgenson, and Brent Mason know their is a new kid in town who is really lifting the music business up with the emphasis on great playing.

16. Chirpy_72

Chirpy_72 Member

Pretty cool how on a "mainstream show" BP gets to act all geeky about his amps. Brought a lot of attention to Dr Z amps.

17. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

yeah....right in the beginning of the show. what i find cool about brad besides his playing is that he seems like a guy that would hang out on a forum like this and post about gear if he had more time.

18. telelion

telelion Member

I thought it was cool where he was so impressed with the new Z in the dressing room that he used it that night in front of thousands of people. Definitely wins the award for most confidence and cockiness in the axe world. Also has a Hollywood babe as his wife which is worth a point in my book too.

19. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Who was playing Rythem Guitar? Was that Red?

20. Chuck Snider

Chuck Snider Member

I saw this program..Brad is cool. i agree with the postive comments already written....
    most of all..now I really want to try out a good tele! What a sound!