Dr. Z clips with some new toys

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Jayson Chance, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Jayson Chance

Jayson Chance Member

OK, I haven't updated my clips in a while since I had a crazy summer on the road. So I figured I'd do a few this morning.

My latest experiment with speakers in my MAZ 18 210 is the 10" version of the Weber Silver/Blue. Both are ceramics, 30 watter's with moderate dope.

First clip is a jam track using a Strat and a Keeley DS1.

Note on the DS1- It's a cool pedal, but takes some dialing in and getting used to. It is TRULY a totally different beast than any Tubescreamer-type OD pedal. But I found that after playing with the settings quite a bit to dial it in, along with "re-thinking" my technique when using it, the pedal has turned out to be a very useful tool. It's very capable of producing vintage Marshall-type tones.

The jam track was done in two takes, since I didn't have a whole lot of time this morning. So when I get a chance, I'll do a better one. So forgive a couple of clams in there, and you can still get an idea of what the Keeley DS1 would sound like with a Strat and a MAZ amp.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=465770

J

2. trisonic

trisonic Member

I like your vibrato a lot.

Best, Pete.

3. Volke

Volke Member

Cool

I had really wanted to hear a setup like this lately, thanks.

Great playing too.