Dr Z Jetta

wreckmark

Gold Supporting Member
Howdy,

Happy Carmen Ghia owner. I'd like to see the Jetta offered without Master volume. Intriguing and affordable amp..

Dude…..that would be WAY too LOUD!!

Actually, like Jimmy said above, the JETTA master volume is a great asset. It allows not only more drive at lower volumes , but fatter tones as well.
My JETTA is the only amp that have with me on my long term work assignment down here is South Florida.
Killer amp!

communarchy

Silver Supporting Member
Thank you. This old man didn't know this. I associate MV with preamp tube distortion and have knee-jerk revulsion to MV.

No worries. There’s only one preamp tube in the Jetta and most of the distortion comes from the power section.

PerryR

Gold Supporting Member
No worries. There’s only one preamp tube in the Jetta and most of the distortion comes from the power section.

ya and its only using half of it!

The Jetta Master is unlike masters of days gone by, whole new world! No buzzy preamp distortion, and the master works fabulous for dialing in a tone that has the ‘feel’ of an amps power tube section working and starting to saturate, even at lower volumes.

My main amps since the late 90’s have been non-master Route 66 (with p90’s and humbuckers mostly)and then Zwreck (no master) when I moved to mostly strats. Used an Attenuator (1 or 2 clicks) in both setups. With the Jetta im getting an attenuated output type tone without using an Attenuator. Its easy to dial in and the Jetta really sounds BIG and ballsy with plenty of power, yet is very light weight and compact (studio cab). GREAT club amp!

sumpe

Maybe someone can help me. I am looking for a two channel-amp, but I have been eying the Jetta, because there is a combo I could technically acquire. I am in Germany and there are not a lot of dealers with Z Amps here.
Going with a boutique amp, I am aiming to get very good dynamic, with medium output humbuckers. Dr Z seems to get raving reviews but not equal across all amps and there is often talk about hiss, etc. That aside, I was certain the Maz18 or 38 would be the amps for me to try, but I wonder if the Jetta, being more affordable, would actually fit the bill well for the medium humbuckers. PS: i use lots of pedals pre-post.

Anyone can help me understand what i might loose getting a jetta instead of the maz18 or 38?

wreckmark

Gold Supporting Member
Maybe someone can help me.

Anyone can help me understand what i might loose getting a jetta instead of the maz18 or 38?

I don't think you'd "loose" anything, I've had all the amps you mention and still have my JETTA. 38 might have more headroom and the MAZ in general might give you more tonal flexibility due to the treble, middle, bass and cut controls, but the JETTA does it all for me. And it is a smaller, more affordable package.

I have had zero "hiss" issues with mine.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom