Dr. Z Max 18 w/Zendrive

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by fuzzyratfarts, Feb 27, 2009.

1. fuzzyratfarts

fuzzyratfarts Member

Hey TGPers. Don't post much here, but my name is Will and I am a sophomore in college in Chicago that wanted give a quick sound check of my Maz 18 for you guys. Hope you enjoy. Feedback appreciated.

Rhythm played clean and w/GarageBand chorus, lead has Zendrive for a little gain. Slight reverb and delay added in GarageBand, built in computer mic used for this track. Did a couple takes and these two came out best.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=751767

2. journo

journo Member

Hi Will,

Playing wise I really liked the rhythm part. Moved along nicely. There's nothing wrong with the lead either. It's just that there are so few chances here to hear a good rhythm part as most people go for solos.

Sound wise I think the tones are there and I'm amazed that you got this good a sound using the computer built in microphone.

Cheers,

Mats N

3. strattone75

strattone75 Supporting Member

sounds good man.
    a bluesy scofield like vibe as far as the lead goes.
    and agree that the rhythm was great.

4. arthur rotfeld

arthur rotfeld Member

This sounds good, bro. Like that lead sound a lot. What's the guitar? Strat?

5. fuzzyratfarts

fuzzyratfarts Member

The guitar is a Mexican Strat with some handwound pickups based on a Fender 1963-ish design. Thanks for the responses guys. I'll try to give a more cohesive clip sometime soon...

6. andybaylor

andybaylor Supporting Member

I like it! Good Job

7. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

Very tasty playing my friend, really sounds like you're thinking and choosing your notes carefully, I like that a lot. I'd agree, there's some Sco influence there. Keep it up, and thanks, now I want another zendrive!!!!
    Kurt