DR. Z MAZERATI may be the best modern amp out there

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ttingley, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ttingley

ttingley Member

This amp is a mind blower. With only 2 knobs it cranks out insane clean tone and breaks up like your AC30 wishes it sounded but can still clean right up if you back off your attack or guitar volume. I think the main factor that makes this thing so darn cool is that it has such a simple circuit design. The signal path is much shorter than most modern amps so it doesn't lose as much of the guitar signal giving it a very fast response. This amp just feels alive when you play it. If you haven't played one yet you should!

Travis

2. teleking36

teleking36 Supporting Member

Z's amps are definitely some of the best out there today. And for price, it's almost impossible to beat. My RX ES is incredible!!

3. vbjamin

vbjamin Member

My Maz 18,has made my other amps expendable, Fender Concert, Peavey C30, Boogie DC5.
    Now I can buy more guitars!

4. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

yeah, i have a MAZ Sr. and it has this super cool "bark" when you smack a chord...its unbelievable!! although i do have other amps, the maz is a winner.

5. jbro

jbro Member

Couldn't agree more. I've owned or played just about every high end amp out there, and this is THE gigging strat amp as far as I'm concerned. Sounds great with 'buckers too, but man those Suhr pickups + a good instrument cable + the Mazerati have all my other guitars collecting dust. Actually the Carmen Ghia might be my favorite amp ever, but it just doesn't have the headroom or punch for gigging that the Mazerati has.

And fortunately for us, we have one already... the Doc discontinued them recently after he lost one of his crew members. Expect used prices to skyrocket in the future if he doesn't bring them back.

6. mcormier

mcormier Guest

a mazerati is my next amp... cant wait.

7. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Is the Maz Sr and Mazerati the same? Related?

jon

8. Lucky7

Lucky7 Senior Member

The production being suspended is the reason why I bought mine when I did. I have been wanting one for quite some time and when I heard about the production being haulted I got the "go ahead" from the wife. I got mine from Humbuckermusic unopened in the box. A beautiful red head. The rati is just a great amp if you are into the el84 sound. Don't let the single tone knob discourage you from trying one. It is voiced wonderfully and very effective too. I would also suggest that if anyone has been thinking about getting a Mazerati get one while you can. Prices will probably start to go up like Jbro mentioned. I couldn't be happier since getting mine!

9. bukowski

bukowski Member

awsome amp so is my carmen ghia !!

10. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

my favorite Z. The Maz kicks ass!

11. Scooter

Scooter Supporting Member

I love mine. Sometimes I get to wondering if there might be something out there that is better suited to my tastes, but when I play in a club where the stage sound is good and everything is happening, I can't imagine being happier with another amp. And it is built like a brick cheesehouse.