1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Dr Z rock action

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by osostrings, Aug 29, 2006.

1. osostrings

osostrings Supporting Member

Although it seems that Dr Z artists tend toward blues or country, here's a Dr Z clip in an indie/prog rock setting.

Go to: http://www.myspace.com/thebrightlightsocialhour

The first song in the streaming music player is "a bright light guide..."
    Download the song for improved audio quality.

It's an instrumental song - I'm playing guitar, drums, and half the bass. It's all recorded at home.

Guitar setup:
    Fender Tele Jr w/ Lollar P90s
    Dr Z Prescription ES head
    Z-Best cabinet - the g12h30 is mic'd
    little bit of DD20 delay

It's a rather long, epic sort of song, but if you can hold out, the best parts are toward the end. Let me know what you think - I'd appreciate any feedback on the tones, performances, or the song itself.

Thanks

2. osostrings

3. adamquek

adamquek Member

For an instrumental song it feels a little long, I keep waiting for some vocals to kick in. The clean tone on that Dr. Z is pretty nice though, and the mild crunch is sweet too. Can't go wrong with a tele, that's for sure!

4. lgehrig4

lgehrig4 Silver Supporting Member

Fopr some reason I always get "error loading xml document" when I try to listen to someon's audio on Myspace. This wasn't always the case???

5. osostrings

Totally understandable about the length - actually the song is still in process. We have a singer who has yet to put down the vocals to it.

Thanks for the comments though.

6. Snowdog

Snowdog Member

I really like your chord phrasing durng what I assume will be the chorus? (the change that kicks in at 1:55). You should be able to write a good hook to that. Good job.

7. Zexcoil

Zexcoil Vendor

I liked it a lot better than the punkier stuff with vocals that you've got posted up there. If this signifies a change in direction for you, I would wholeheartedly applaud it.