• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Dr. Z Route 66 + R8 Les Paul / Strat (BoG/Hendrix)

fixed

These are some songs recorded from a recent practice. I used a custom classic strat with fralin woodstock 69's for the BoG songs and a stock les paul R8 for everything else, through a picture wah and fulltone octafuzz, into the route 66, through Airbrake (on 4!), 1x12 open back Z cab with Celestion Gold.

Please excuse the sound quality, recorded with a Zoom H2 in a small living room.
http://sickburnunit.googlepages.com

Last edited:

john b

Silver Supporting Member
Nice stuff! I used to have a 66 a long time ago. Hearing this makes me want one again.

jimfog

Sounds great, man....seriously!

When you posted these over on the Z forum, it helped me decide to reacquire a 66.........early Interstate logo.........one of my favorite all-time amps.

Where are you running the 66 at, volume and tone controls?

Last edited:

EXP

Supporting Member
Awesome BOG tone! :dude

Stop has one of my favorite Hendrix solos, his phrasing is genius. KT66's in your Dr. Z? Your clip makes me want to get my Superbass running again.

GP_Hawk

second that "Nice BOG Tone" Good job on changes and stop, damn some old time favourites:RoCkIn

fixed

questions...
Yes, the octafuzz was on for all songs (octave off, of course). I just used a little lower volume on one of the pickups, and switched between them for lead.

Yes, I have KT66's in the 66, not sure what make though.

And yes, the drummer is a bad ass :rimshot

MattH

Silver Supporting Member
Damn nice stuff! I've always thought the Rt 66 would be a great amp for Dan from TBK. Especially considering they're the homestate amp company and all...

Trending Topics