Dragonforce

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Nazgul666, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Nazgul666

Nazgul666 Member

I know what everyone thinks of these guys and I listened to them a little when they first come out and it was a cool novelty etc.

But I was looking at Ibanez guitars and ended up buying the Herman Li model last week. So I gave them another chance. I bought they're most recent album, Maximum Overload with the new singer.

I am having so much fun listening to this. I love the singer. Yeah its over the top and the lyrics are cheese. But just when I get sick of the blast beats and the pyrotechnics they come up with these great bug sing along choruses with cool harmonies, and breakdowns and interludes with some actual melodic soloing.

Fun is the only way I can describe it. You can almost hear the smiles on they're faces as they're ripping through these songs.

Anyway, if you like the power metal, shred thing, give the latest one a chance and listen all the way through. There's a little something in every song that's a bit different.

rsm, aynirar27 and T Dizz like this.
  2. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

I didn't know they got a new singer, I'll have to check it out. I love power metal and have a few of their records.

JiveTurkey, rsm and aynirar27 like this.
  3. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

I've embarrassed myself a few times attempting Fire and Flames on Guitar Hero.

aynirar27 and The Captain like this.
  4. Nazgul666

Nazgul666 Member

Just had to report back. I'm still on this new album and I'm not even listening to the guitar pyrotechnics that much. There's a lot to this and I'm really enjoying all aspects of it. I love this singer.

One of the totally fun cheesefests is Three Hammers High. The live performance is great and look at the crowd. Everyone just having fun. And its nice to see a singer try to do a good job live.

xjojox and aynirar27 like this.
  5. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Supporting Member

Battles, ninjas, dragons, high pitched vocal wailing, choral type backups, dual shredding guitar, headbanging breakdowns, flashing lights.
    yep. The whole shebang.

6. Nazgul666

Nazgul666 Member

LOL. I know. Its ridiculous. But I find it awesome at the same time.

Tone_Terrific likes this.
  7. xjojox

xjojox Tardis-dwelling wanker Gold Supporting Member

I suspect that if I were still a teenager (with a higher tolerance for singing and lyrics like that) I'd really like these guys. I agree with the OP, nice interludes, well-crafted guitar parts, and the vocal harmonies seem pretty good (if real LOL). Dude has quite a range.

8. Nazgul666

Nazgul666 Member

So true.

You want even more ridiculous?

Maiden twice as fast. The real insanity starts around 3:25