Dragons Heart Picks Conundrum

metropolis_4

I bought a Dragons Heart pick on a whim, and I found I really really like the feel and tone of it, but there's one big problem: my strings seem to be grinding it into a fine dust that covers my guitar, strings, and fingers by the end of a session.

The one I got is the original. Anyone else had this problem with these picks? Do any of the other versions not suffer from this problem?

The hypochondriac in me is now hoping I'm not gonna get cancer from all this polyamide-imide dust floating around...

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
That's not good. They have a couple other formulas too. Mine is in one of them, but I never used it long enough to notice anything like that.

chankgeez

Melt-Banana-025-e1286531127389.jpg

DeadCell

I bought a Dragons Heart pick on a whim, and I found I really really like the feel and tone of it, but there's one big problem: my strings seem to be grinding it into a fine dust that covers my guitar, strings, and fingers by the end of a session.

The one I got is the original. Anyone else had this problem with these picks? Do any of the other versions not suffer from this problem?

The hypochondriac in me is now hoping I'm not gonna get cancer from all this polyamide-imide dust floating around...

Get the Pure Dragons Heart. It has the shape of the other Dragons Heart picks, but made of a more conventional pick material. It doesn't glide quite as well as the other DH picks (although it does play smoothly) and not as durable, but it's a great compromise.

Note: I have a Pure, 2 GTs, and a Hardened Dragons Heart. The Pure and GT is my favorite. I actually use the Pure more than the GT though.

Pure+Tweed.JPG

metropolis_4

Get the Pure Dragons Heart. It has the shape of the other Dragons Heart picks, but made of a more conventional pick material. It doesn't glide quite as well as the other DH picks (although it does play smoothly) and not as durable, but it's a great compromise.

Note: I have a Pure, 2 GTs, and a Hardened Dragons Heart. The Pure and GT is my favorite. I actually use the Pure more than the GT though.

Have you had any problems like I'm having with mine?

Looking at their website, they say:
• pure is 100% polyamide-imide
• GT is polyamide-imide with a 30% carbon fiber fill
• original is polyamide-imide with a 12% graphite fill
• hardened is polyamide-imide with 30% glass fiber fill

I wonder if the graphite is what I'm seeing coming off of mine

DeadCell

Have you had any problems like I'm having with mine?

Looking at their website, they say:
• pure is 100% polyamide-imide
• GT is polyamide-imide with a 30% carbon fiber fill
• original is polyamide-imide with a 12% graphite fill
• hardened is polyamide-imide with 30% glass fiber fill

I wonder if the graphite is what I'm seeing coming off of mine

You'll get some dust with all of them EXCEPT the Pure. I personally haven't tried the original, but the GT and Hardened both do it. The Pure feels more like traditional pick material, but it's thick like the other DH picks/plectrums.

Again, I highly recommend checking out the Pure. No dust.

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
Hmm I have all three and never noticed anything like that. I'd contact him just to ask him if that's normal.

metropolis_4

You'll get some dust with all of them EXCEPT the Pure. I personally haven't tried the original, but the GT and Hardened both do it. The Pure feels more like traditional pick material, but it's thick like the other DH picks/plectrums.

Again, I highly recommend checking out the Pure. No dust.

Cool, I've got a pure on its way. Thanks!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom