Drew Zingg's amazing cd on band camp.

Jim Soloway

I'm about seven songs in and it's really good but I'm not sure I've ever seen $20 to download a single album before. Even individual songs are $1.75. I may buy it anyway (or at least part of it) and at $10 it would have been a no brainer but I have to confess, that price has caused me to at least think about it a bit first.

Blues Fuse

I've had the CD for about 2 months. It's my understanding that the actual debut for this recording in terms of general distribution is going to be Nov. 1. It's possible that the price will be lower at that time. It's an excellent CD.

Blues Lyne

I've had the CD for about 2 months. It's my understanding that the actual debut for this recording in terms of general distribution is going to be Nov. 1. It's possible that the price will be lower at that time. It's an excellent CD.
I was thinking that too. It looks like he used Kickstarter to raise funds for the project and could be using the advanced downloads as another means to raise funds and offset the cost of recording.

duanesworld

Well the good news is that you can listen to the whole thing for free here. And if you decide it's worthy to contribute you can. If you don't like it and don't want to, no gun to the head. But I think it's rather amazing and lives up to every bit of the high standards we have come to appreciate from DZ !

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
I have the CD and I agree.
For my taste...I hate to say it, but I like this solo effort better
than Jimmy Herring's new one! :eek:

S.
j

Jim Soloway

Well the good news is that you can listen to the whole thing for free here. And if you decide it's worthy to contribute you can. If you don't like it and don't want to, no gun to the head. But I think it's rather amazing and lives up to every bit of the high standards we have come to appreciate from DZ !
I do like it. In fact, I'm pretty sure I said that I thought it was "really good". And yes, it meets a very high standard, but $20 is still a lot of money to download a single album and $1.75 is a lot for a single song. I buy all of my music on line and I don't think I've ever seen prices approaching those. To those of use of limited means, that gives cause for pause, no matter how good the music is. (Although I may spend the $1.75 on Easy. That's really is amazing).

Blues Fuse

One of the things that I appreciate about the DZ CD is that it is more than just a guitar CD. It's well-paced with some vocal tunes and interesting arrangements.

Blues Fuse

I do like it. In fact, I'm pretty sure I said that I thought it was "really good". And yes, it meets a very high standard, but $20 is still a lot of money to download a single album and $1.75 is a lot for a single song. I buy all of my music on line and I don't think I've ever seen prices approaching those. To those of use of limited means, that gives cause for pause, no matter how good the music is. (Although I may spend the $1.75 on Easy. That's really is amazing).
Jim, if you're willing to wait a couple weeks until the CD actually debuts, it will probably be available in the normal price range.

Jim Soloway

Jim, if you're willing to wait a couple weeks until the CD actually debuts, it will probably be available in the normal price range.
That would be great, especially it it gets released on emusic. Honestly, right after hearing Easy I was literally reaching for the buy button when I saw the price and stopped. At conventional prices I would buy it without hesitation.

scottywompas

I agree that the price is prohibitive. The pre-sale higher price works with big name artists who usually pack that pre-sale with extras for the higher price.

$20 for any one CD/MP3 album is a bit much for my tastes.

Matt Sarad

A single song is less than a beer. The entire album is less than a good bottle of scotch.

Why are you guys complaining?

Jim Soloway

A single song is less than a beer. The entire album is less than a good bottle of scotch.

Why are you guys complaining?
I don't drink. And it's not really a complaint, just an observation. I generally pay from $4 to $10 for an album download (and a lot more in the $5 category). $20 for one album means two others I can't buy.

oxtone

I really like Drew's CD, but, $20 is too much! I'll wait and see what the price is Nov. 1st...